N/S--brooks on NFL Network on the demotion of Tom Walsh........ (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it not just as trying during the three years of the Ditka fiasco, where we never came close to even looking like a real NFL team, with Saint Mike's great revolving door of quartet QBs:

The two Billy Joes, Poor spin my helmet on my head Danny Wuerful (I really felt sorry for him that day - He looked like a kid who had somehow wandered into the wrong ballpark), and let's not forget Congressmen Heath Shuler, who was worse than all three of the others...

Or, does time somehow heal all wounds?

I hope so. I've never seen a Saints QB tick off as many people as AB did, and still does. He's gone - Good riddance - please get over him. I wasn't a fan of his after 2001 either, but he's history now.

And if ditka was still coaching, the billy joe's or wuerffel were still playing ....guess what? you'd better believe we'd be talking about them. We talk about Stallpepper, Gravy Jackson, La Roi... we talk about ALL former players, especially when they're still playing.

To the thread Nazi's... if we want to talk about Aaron Brooks or Jake Delhome or anyfreakin body we want to... mind your buisness if you don't like the subject. If you disagree with the opinion, form your own...add to the conversation, but don't try to tell people what they can/should or cannot post about if you're not a moderator huh? THAT'S what's getting old around this forum... not posts about any particular player

How many threads have you seen about:

Bulger
Naeole
Pathon
Bouman
Kevin Mathis
Keith Mitchell
Glover

Hell, even guys like Grady, Sully, etc, rarely, if ever get mentioned here. AB seems to be a daily occurance. Get over it. Those of us who are sick of the elementary school style AB threads are not apologists. We just don't like the board being full of that garbage.

please... the board is hardly flooded with Aaron Brooks threads, & I haven't seen any "elementary school style" posts about him in ANY threads as of late. if it's not your opinion that doesn't automatically make it "elementary"

in fact it has been quite the opposite in this thread alone. the people who are posting two word immature replies are not the pople actually discussing the AB interwiew, but the ones who are trying to stop people from posting about it.

Last edited:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Brooks was a good enough QB. to win the Superbowl, if the Saints had the Dome Patrol those years we might have. I know he lacked leadership, but not every QB has to be a Brett Farve type leader. Just look at a someone like Kurt Warner. I think Brooks was no worse of a leader than say, Ben Roethlisberger, and both Warner nad Roethlisberger won it all.

please... the board is hardly flooded with Aaron Brooks threads, & I haven't seen any "elementary school style" posts about him in ANY threads as of late. if it's not your opinion that doesn't automatically make it "elementary"

Search for "Aaron": http://saintsreport.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12599

This entire thread is juvenile. First of all, there is no link to what was said. Just someone saying that they "heard" him say something.

Who knows what he said? What context? In response to what?

For all we know, he said "I'm just going to keep using my skills and move forward, regardless of who our coach is".

This is a dumb *** thread. Period. It's been a year. The divorce is final. We have somebody new and so does he. Let it go.

This entire thread is juvenile. First of all, there is no link to what was said. Just someone saying that they "heard" him say something.

For all we know, he said "I'm just going to keep using my skills and move forward, regardless of who our coach is".

This is a dumb *** thread. Period. It's been a year. The divorce is final. We have somebody new and so does he. Let it go.

I agree. What did Brooks even say? The basis for this entire thread is unknown.

the link is ... watch the nfl network. & if you didn't see it... WHY ARE YOU HERE? the title of the thread is "Brooks on the NFL Network" I saw it, so I know what was said & what wasn't

*edit* & oh by the way... your search for "Aaron" more than half of those are for Stecker & the other 40 or so % are just statistics that may have other Aaron's in them

Last edited:
That's good for you, but I still think its a bit obsessive for a guy who isn't even a fan of his play. Do you watch ever former Saint perform to come on this board and say "see I told you so." It is just not creative. It's old, it contributes nothing to the forum, and its self serving.

I am certainly not obsessed with AB. However, I am still curious to see how he plays, one of my biggest questions about him was, would he ever be a great/better QB with a different staff to develop him. That still interests me. I have never stated whether I was a fan of his or not, I have never stated "I told you so" about him. Thats not the point. He was in the news today. So I'll ask again, why can't that be discussed? Doesnt mean YOU have to discuss it.

And to answer you question about why other former players arent discussed as much(assuming thats correct in the first place), I'd say as a former starting QB for us, there is slightly more interest in how he does than the others you mention. Although Bulger is a player I would have liked to have seen developed here...well at least until that coooool Brees blew in.

I agree. What did Brooks even say? The basis for this entire thread is unknown.

lol, my point exactly.. here we have people that didn't even see the interview spouting off disagreeing with people that ACTUALLY SAW THE INTERVIEW & were giving their opinions on said interview. nuff said...

I have had the NFLN on all day in the back ground since I'm home and thought I'd share for those who may not be in that position. Of course I'm interested in something revealing about someone so directly responsible to our favorite TEAM's perplexing problems over the past five years.

This just goes that much further in explaining the differences from then to now and our success with Coach Payton, our new QB and the whole new attitue we are seeing on the field. It's all connected and related. If it so happens it pertains to a former player that the very mention of his name creates a reaction akin to calling out a person's Mom or their religious beliefs!

One of the reason's we sucked was brooks and his attitude toward the game in general and his own play in particular. One of the main reasons we are so successful and Coach Payton has turned things around so significantly is the play of the QB. But with Brees you also find a QB who is capable of getting some great play out of his young WR's. You just know that Devrey's, Copper's and MC's, even Miller's and Campbell's (guys not thought of as "threats" around the League) success is due largely to the confidence and competiveness Drew Brees is instilling in them! This is something we didn't see from brooks and I was simply trying to point this distinction out by example of brooks' interview. No more and no less. Simply stating that the theory that the SAINT'S failure over the past five years was due by a large extent to the complete lack of leadership from the QB position is valid.

Enjoy!

The guy can't even put a complete sentence together. How did he make it through an interview???

Indeed...watching the Saints throughout the Knuckleheadian era, a.k.a. , the Brooks/Haslett era was like watching Dumb and Dumber. Only it wasn't in the least bit funny. In that case it was like watching Dumb and Dumberer. Seeing Brooks play for another team is like being in on an elaborate practical joke, a`la Windy City Heat (highly recommended flick). Brooks deffinately has the ability to throw a ball, but the decision-making needed to go with it was/is severely lacking. I think the ability to put a complete sentence together has a direct correlation with where and when to throw a ball. To compound our QB problem then was a coach who was equally dim and couldn't see past his nose.
So I pause to wonder....which was Harry and which was Lloyd?

I wonder if we could get Brooks or Haslett to exclaim, "Samsonite!" one time. That's all I want for Christmas. Just to hear it once would complete me.

I have had the NFLN on all day in the back ground since I'm home and thought I'd share for those who may not be in that position. Of course I'm interested in something revealing about someone so directly responsible to our favorite TEAM's perplexing problems over the past five years.

This just goes that much further in explaining the differences from then to now and our success with Coach Payton, our new QB and the whole new attitue we are seeing on the field. It's all connected and related. If it so happens it pertains to a former player that the very mention of his name creates a reaction akin to calling out a person's Mom or their religious beliefs!

One of the reason's we sucked was brooks and his attitude toward the game in general and his own play in particular. One of the main reasons we are so successful and Coach Payton has turned things around so significantly is the play of the QB. But with Brees you also find a QB who is capable of getting some great play out of his young WR's. You just know that Devrey's, Copper's and MC's, even Miller's and Campbell's (guys not thought of as "threats" around the League) success is due largely to the confidence and competiveness Drew Brees is instilling in them! This is something we didn't see from brooks and I was simply trying to point this distinction out by example of brooks' interview. No more and no less. Simply stating that the theory that the SAINT'S failure over the past five years was due by a large extent to the complete lack of leadership from the QB position is valid.

Enjoy!

here here! very well said. its people's OVER-reaction to AB being brought up at all, ever, that takes away from the civil discussion. Seriously, its like you're trying to defend a post you made 5 years ago saying he is great. Thats what should be "got over".

lol, my point exactly.. here we have people that didn't even see the interview spouting off disagreeing with people that ACTUALLY SAW THE INTERVIEW & were giving their opinions on said interview. nuff said...

Ugh.

Nobody is disagreeing with anyone.

We are just saying that this is a dumb thread.

Here is a recipe:

Fresh herbs and fresh scallops mingle in this coastal pasta dish.

Estimated Time Needed:

Est. Preperation: 20 mins
Est. Cooking: 40 mins

Ingredients:

1 pound dried angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small yellow onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, thinly julienned
1 cup finely sliced green onions
3 cups tomato sauce
1/4 cup red or white wine
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
4 thyme sprigs, stemmed and crushed
2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
1 1/2 pounds large fresh sea scallops, rinsed
Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse. Keep warm.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the yellow onions until translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for about 1-2 more minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions and cook until the bell pepper is tender but not soft, stirring frequently. Stir in the tomato sauce, wine, oregano, thyme and marjoram.

Reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add scallops and stir to cover scallops with sauce; cook for about 2 minutes, stirring once or twice to flip scallops over. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove the thyme sprigs.

Place the warm, cooked pasta on oven-warmed plates. Pour the scallop sauce over the pasta.

If you want to add an even spicier twist, try minced cilantro or diced chiles for extra flavor.
Yields: 4

Well can you fill us in on exactly what he said that was obviously bad enough to start a thread about his lack of leadership ability....Just saying "Im going to keep playing my game" is just one of those neutral sports cliches... I don't see anything wrong with him saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom