N/S--brooks on NFL Network on the demotion of Tom Walsh........ (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It clearly states in the thread title what this thread is about, "N/S, Brooks on NFL Network...etc, if you hate these threads so much, and you're not a mod, don't click on them, it's so SIMPLE!!! Y'all that are complainin are obviously just as interested in AB, an ex saints player as the rest of us who are bored at work and would like to see what our old quarterback of 6 years, departed for barely six months is up to. You read the thread just like everyone else, get over it.

Last edited:
Here's why this discussion is relevant:

those of you who don't share the disdain for Brooks, and there are many of you, are dangerous. If you are one who thinks these threads shouldn't be around, you are the reason these threads keep popping up.

Yeah, I said dangerous. Ultimately, our goal as fans is to see the mighty whodats win often. Anything that gets in the way of that is a big problem, and should be considered dangerous.

Those of you who couldn't see Brooks for what he was could one day be hoodwinked again. If us fans would have presented a unified front against the greatest cancer this team has ever known, AB wouldn't have lasted here as long as he did, and our team may have had a chance to succeed quicker.

I think the people who keep posting this stuff are trying to convince all the Brooks apologists that they were wrong. They're not doing it to be jerks; they're doing it to prevent the same situation from possibly repeating one day. Nothing is worse than being saddled with a team cancer such as Brooks, and the apologists still don't see that. They'd rather defend their pet and never admit that they were possibly wrong. Why? Who cares? Everybody's wrong now and then. Shoot, I thought Jason Kidd would flounder in the NBA and I screamed it from the rooftops. So I was wrong. Big whoop.

You can't blame Saints fans that are aware enough to see a huge problem for screaming about it, even after it's gone.

You want these threads to stop? The only way is to see AB for what he was and admit to yourself that you were hoodwinked. It's not that hard -- he hoodwinked me, and I got over it. We should all strive to be brutally honest and to not have pet favorites that we value more than we value Saints victories.

If you still can't see why the AB threads are relevant, you are an apologist and must ask yourself what you gain from that. I gain nothing from being critical of AB (other than a sick satisfaction in watching him fail, that is), except that maybe one of the apologist may realize his error and not support someone blindly instead of supporting the team as a whole.

IMHO, that's the rationale behind threads like this.

Peace out.

Search for "Aaron": http://saintsreport.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12599

This entire thread is juvenile. First of all, there is no link to what was said. Just someone saying that they "heard" him say something.

Who knows what he said? What context? In response to what?

For all we know, he said "I'm just going to keep using my skills and move forward, regardless of who our coach is".

This is a dumb *** thread. Period. It's been a year. The divorce is final. We have somebody new and so does he. Let it go.

This is a fairly belligerent response LC! While I've never really paid attention to your point of view in the past, perhaps I touched on something of great importance to you and didn't realize it. If I did I'm sorry for that however, sharing with others on this site something that may be of interest to them didn't seem like such a bad idea at the time.

If it offends you this much I would suggest you not read anything either I post or that may have anything to do with brooks. I stated in the thread title enough information so that someone would know whether the subject would be of interest or not.

BTW: Not certain how to post a link to something I saw on television! I can assure you though, while I am not known as misleading, I did explain the context of what was said, the forum it was said on and the "spirit" of what was said.

Geesh! You got rough on the Good Dr. and perhaps this goes a ways to explain the genisis of your monicker!

Cheers!

Ugh.

Nobody is disagreeing with anyone.

We are just saying that this is a dumb thread.

Here is a recipe:

Fresh herbs and fresh scallops mingle in this coastal pasta dish.

Estimated Time Needed:

Est. Preperation: 20 mins
Est. Cooking: 40 mins

Ingredients:

1 pound dried angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small yellow onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, thinly julienned
1 cup finely sliced green onions
3 cups tomato sauce
1/4 cup red or white wine
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
4 thyme sprigs, stemmed and crushed
2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
1 1/2 pounds large fresh sea scallops, rinsed
Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse. Keep warm.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the yellow onions until translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for about 1-2 more minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions and cook until the bell pepper is tender but not soft, stirring frequently. Stir in the tomato sauce, wine, oregano, thyme and marjoram.

Reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add scallops and stir to cover scallops with sauce; cook for about 2 minutes, stirring once or twice to flip scallops over. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove the thyme sprigs.

Place the warm, cooked pasta on oven-warmed plates. Pour the scallop sauce over the pasta.

If you want to add an even spicier twist, try minced cilantro or diced chiles for extra flavor.
Yields: 4

I think I'm going to try this one tonight. I wonder if it'll be OK to mix in a few jumbo shrimp. :hihi:

032206brooks180.jpg

Step 1: Find something in print or video format where Brooks says or does somethin silly (shouldn't be hard to do)
Step 2: Start a thread about it.
Step 3: State how happy you are Brooks is no longer on the team
Step 4: Restate your feelings on Mr. Brooks and why he will never be successful
Step 5: Engage in 3 page thread on why (a year later) you feel Brooks threads are STILL pertinent to the Saints organization
Step 6: Defend that action to folks who just want to forget Brooks was ever here
Step 7: Deny and rationalize that you are not obsessed with Brooks
Step 8: Use the "don't read it if you don't like it" defense to folks who don't want the board cluttered with useless, mindless data on a former player that you are so happy to have gone from the team.
Step 9: Ignore the people who want these types of postings to stop......so the board won't be cluttered with useless, mindless data on a former player that you are so happy to have gone form the team.
Step 10: Continue to post informaiton about Aaron Brooks while denying that you are obsessed with him.

These are the typical steps that make up an AB thread. You people are tormented by him while the rest of us have moved on.

The only way to stop being tormented by AB is to admit your obsession and exercise the demon that is Aaron Brooks. Forget everything you know about the old Saints and focus and devote your energy to Drew Brees. Focus more and devote your energy to Drew Brees.

If you follow these instructions, we will never see another AB post ever again.

If you still can't see why the AB threads are relevant, you are an apologist and must ask yourself what you gain from that. I gain nothing from being critical of AB (other than a sick satisfaction in watching him fail, that is), except that maybe one of the apologist may realize his error and not support someone blindly instead of supporting the team as a whole.

IMHO, that's the rationale behind threads like this.

Peace out.

So what exactly is relevent about a washed up QB no longer on the team? Brooks stinks. Hes a terrible leader, and can't read a defence. Ok we got that out of the way. Noone disagrees with that. Do you really need to reassure yourself 3000 times that you were right about someone by repeating every little mistake he makes? LC is right. Its pretty juvenile.

The fact that you would get sick satisfaction outa someones failures in life is an even weirder. Afterall its just football. Move on. We are going to the playoffs man...PLAYOFFS :)

P.S. Let me just say once again. Brooks is not a good QB anymore. We made the right move by cutting him. If I had the last few years back and was in charge I would of cut him after the 2003 season. I'm not apologizing for anything Brooks ever did.

Well can you fill us in on exactly what he said that was obviously bad enough to start a thread about his lack of leadership ability....Just saying "Im going to keep playing my game" is just one of those neutral sports cliches... I don't see anything wrong with him saying that.

I cannot fill you in on exactly what was said word for word as it was about a 6-9 min interview where Brooks was asked about his offensive coordinator (who just got canned) & said that he needed to own up & take responsibility for his failures as a coordinator. While he did say that he thought it wasn't entirely the guys fault, he also didn't accept ANY responsibility whatsoever himself. He was then asked about the new off co. coming in & said he wasn't about to change his style of play for ANY coach, that he was going to do what he wants to do & thats that.That was basically the gist of the interview that pertains to the discussion here. The three people on this thread so far that actually watched it came to the exact same conclusions about his attitude & demeanor. So, take that for what it's worth I guess...

I cannot fill you in on exactly what was said word for word as it was about a 6-9 min interview where Brooks was asked about his offensive coordinator (who just got canned) & said that he needed to own up & take responsibility for his failures as a coordinator. While he did say that he thought it wasn't entirely the guys fault, he also didn't accept ANY responsibility whatsoever himself. He was then asked about the new off co. coming in & said he wasn't about to change his style of play for ANY coach, that he was going to do what he wants to do & thats that.That was basically the gist of the interview that pertains to the discussion here. The three people on this thread so far that actually watched it came to the exact same conclusions about his attitude & demeanor. So, take that for what it's worth I guess...

Isn't it funny that the same people who probably criticize Brooks for these comments, criticized him for changing his style when the Hass and co. tried to make him a pocket QB?

Lame.

I agree that what he said isn't exactly the "right thing to say", but it's not exactly fodder to start a new thread. Not at all. Maybe in a Raider's forum.

what part of...

" if you don't like threads about Aaron Brooks, don't read or post on the thread"

is so hard for some people to grasp? I will post about who, or what I want to post about untill I break the TOS

what part of...

" if you don't like threads about Aaron Brooks, don't read or post on the thread"

is so hard for some people to grasp? I will post about who, or what I want to post about untill I break the TOS

Because most of us are tired of seeing AB on the front page. This is a Saints board.

So what exactly is relevent about a washed up QB no longer on the team? Brooks stinks. Hes a terrible leader, and can't read a defence. Ok we got that out of the way. Noone disagrees with that. Do you really need to reassure yourself 3000 times that you were right about someone by repeating every little mistake he makes? LC is right. Its pretty juvenile.

The fact that you would get sick satisfaction outa someones failures in life is an even weirder. Afterall its just football. Move on. We are going to the playoffs man...PLAYOFFS :)

P.S. Let me just say once again. Brooks is not a good QB anymore. We made the right move by cutting him. If I had the last few years back and was in charge I would of cut him after the 2003 season. I'm not apologizing for anything Brooks ever did.

The point is that there was (and is, still) a huge faction of Saints fans that don't realize what you just said. Even now, after seeing Drew Brees and what a real QB looks like, there are some who still don't get why the AB fiasco was such a set back for this team. To me, that's a problem, because the potential exists for it to happen again.

Really, that's all that upsets me. What happens next time? What happens next time there is a cancer on this team, yet a huge faction of the fans refuse to admit it because it would mean they were wrong? I'll tell you what happens -- more years of misery.

Ultimately, I want the Saints to win. Anything that gets in the way of that must be thoroughly destroyed.

what part of...

And we will keep calling a crappy thread "a crappy thread". Post if you like, but if the thread is meaningless, you will hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom