N/S--brooks on NFL Network on the demotion of Tom Walsh........ (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the interview a few minutes ago. The way he said " I won't change my game or how I play it for no one" I guess that means what a coach says to him is useless and he won't change for ANY reason? Thanks above for the decision to jetison this guy to California!

It'a all about Aaron.

The team doesn't matter. It's just about A.B., the "star" QB.

He is trully a legend in his own mind.

logo

You are absolutely right.

I never bailed on the Saints but the past few seasons were trying.

We all figured out a long time ago that we were going to be served up the same rollercoaster inconsistency as long as Haslett and Brooks were here. It got to the point where I could't look forward to the season anymore. I was indifferent to Sundays knowing exactly waht i wou ld get out of those clowns.

Benson should have sent them packing at least two seasons before he did. The silver lining is that the timing did allow us to get Brees and Payton.

Good riddance to Haslett, Brooks and Venturi -- the three stooges.

Was it not just as trying during the three years of the Ditka fiasco, where we never came close to even looking like a real NFL team, with Saint Mike's great revolving door of quartet QBs:

The two Billy Joes, Poor spin my helmet on my head Danny Wuerful (I really felt sorry for him that day - He looked like a kid who had somehow wandered into the wrong ballpark), and let's not forget Congressmen Heath Shuler, who was worse than all three of the others...

Or, does time somehow heal all wounds?

I hope so. I've never seen a Saints QB tick off as many people as AB did, and still does. He's gone - Good riddance - please get over him. I wasn't a fan of his after 2001 either, but he's history now.

:jauhnny: :detonate: :dedhrse:

I hate thread nazis too, but what I hate even more are people who will actively look for any little thing Aaron or Haslett does to post it up on the board and say, "Im so glad they're gone." Get over it. They weren't great, but they were more successful than most Saints coaches and QBs.

Hopfully this will all be over soon.

Dude............your mistake. Do not write anything bad about Aaron Brooks. There seems to be a secret Cult following of him that still exists here on this board. No matter how much he has dogged out our city etc.... people still LOVE him.

I gave up on writing anything negative about him bec. it would always end up locked up and thrown away. I share your exact same views on this clown of a QB.

How come no one gets mad when somebody posts something on Jake Delhomme or however you spell his name?

Dude............your mistake. Do not write anything bad about Aaron Brooks. There seems to be a secret Cult following of him that still exists here on this board. No matter how much he has dogged out our city etc.... people still LOVE him.

I gave up on writing anything negative about him bec. it would always end up locked up and thrown away. I share your exact same views on this clown of a QB.

It has nothing to do with that. I am extremely glad that AB is gone. It has to do with the fact that this is a subject that has been absolutely beaten to death on this board. Over. And over. And over.

Nobody ever changes anyone's opinion. Nothing constructive comes out of it. Ever. Just give it a rest.

Wrong.

This is how I see it. The people who post this kind of stuff are MUCH more obsessed with Aaron than his fans will ever be. It just makes you wonder. What did the guy do to you to piss you off so badly. He isn't even on the team anymore, he wasn't that bad of a player, what did he do?

He wasn't a great QB, but he is responsible for the only playoff victory in Saints history yet he is probably the most hated player in franchise history. You don't like him, fine. No need to watch all of his games and interviews to jump on him when he does or says something wrong.

This board is about civil discussion, not fueling personal hate for a guy and laughing at him everytime he falters.

Thank god hes gone but your way over the edge saying that.

its not hard to figure out who the AB apologists are, huh?

Everytime someone posts something about AB you can COUNT on several ppl saying get over it, saints forum, beating a dead horse. Whats beating a dead horse is to continually tell people what they should or shouldnt talk about. I know its so awful to keep reading things about him, yet you must respond to every post that is irritating you.

Like it or not, he was a part of the team, people are still interested in what he does. It is relevant to a football forum, like it or not. I watched the Oak/SD game over the CHI/NE game simply because i wanted to see AB play( play is a term used very loosely in this sentence).

He is in the news today, why can't that be discussed? Doesn't mean YOU have to discuss it.

Last edited:

Everytime someone posts something about AB you can COUNT on several ppl saying get over it, saints forum, beating a dead horse. Whats beating a dead horse is to continually tell people what they should or shouldnt talk about. I know its so awful to keep reading things about him, yet you must respond to every post that is irritating you.

Like it or not, he was a part of the team, people are still interested in what he does. It is relevant to a football forum, like it or not. I watched the Oak/SD game over the CHI/NE game simply because i wanted to see AB play( play is a term used very loosely in the sentence).

That's good for you, but I still think its a bit obsessive for a guy who isn't even a fan of his play. Do you watch ever former Saint perform to come on this board and say "see I told you so." It is just not creative. It's old, it contributes nothing to the forum, and its self serving.

Like it or not, he was a part of the team, people are still interested in what he does. It is relevant to a football forum, like it or not. I watched the Oak/SD game over the CHI/NE game simply because i wanted to see AB play( play is a term used very loosely in this sentence).

He is in the news today, why can't that be discussed? Doesn't mean YOU have to discuss it.

How many threads have you seen about:

Bulger
Naeole
Pathon
Bouman
Kevin Mathis
Keith Mitchell
Glover

Hell, even guys like Grady, Sully, etc, rarely, if ever get mentioned here. AB seems to be a daily occurance. Get over it. Those of us who are sick of the elementary school style AB threads are not apologists. We just don't like the board being full of that garbage.

I wonder how long brooks would have lasted had Coach Payton have kept him? After seeing that "Lock Room Report" where Gleason appealed to his team-mates to come in on their day off after being given it by Coach Payton and hearing someone else say "Stay Focused and Remember The GOAL!" I now no why it took about two seconds for Payton to say; "Adios!" to señior brooks![/QUOTE]

I didn't see this report. Where is the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom