N/S Can someone explain to me the Packers/Aaron Rodgers situation? (1 Viewer)

The Packers/Rodgers situation is simply this.........…......the Packers are saddled with an insufferable jack-arse and they've made a move to eventually rid themselves of him.

I find this amusing.

I have no problem with them taking Love when they did, even if I agree they didn't need to trade up for him. I think to say they were "one game away" is a bit of oversimplification. They got absolutely manhandled by SF both times they played them. Zero adjustments from one game to the next. Rodgers looked horrible in both games. Honestly I think they were really fortunate to be there given how the tiebreakers played out, some lucky breaks/bad calls in the favor with the officiating through the year, and us choking against Minnesota (which had they not got those "lucky" breaks might've been them in that position). It was quite apparent that when they played a decent defense they struggled offensively and likewise their defense wasn't as good as advertised when it came up against a competent offense.

I saw some of the talking heads say they thought it was strange, not that GB drafted a QB in round 1, but they never told Rodgers anything about having the intent to do so.

They drafted love for the same reasons the Patriots brought in Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brisett, Brian Hoyer and Jimmy Garoppolo. They provided great insurance to an aging QB and were able to sell off those assets for more than they paid for them (draft currency).
I don't know, did they draft those guys in the first round?

Drafting a QB in the first is saying "yeah, this is your replacement" drafting a guy in the 4th or 5th round is saying "just in case you get hurt, we have this guy"

I don't know, did they draft those guys in the first round?

Drafting a QB in the first is saying "yeah, this is your replacement" drafting a guy in the 4th or 5th round is saying "just in case you get hurt, we have this guy"
Thats a really good point. Jimmy G was a 2nd and Jacoby a 3rd. They really cashed in on Cassel (a 7th) and Hoyer (undrafted). Nevertheless, I think it's a good investment, especially with Rodgers being the way he is. When I made the post, I didn't realize that Rodgers said he would play until he's 40. If thats the case, picking Love has everything to do with grooming him to become the next guy, either sooner or later. As a result of all of this he may want to get out immediately, and even if he doesn't, he won't be around too much longer anyway.

With Aaron as their QB, the Packers, given that they have Detroit and Chicago in their division, AND that the NFL gifts them 2-3 wins a year on top of that, will probably not get a top 10 draft pick anytime soon. If the Packers thought that Love was a potential franchise QB, you make the pick. Rodgers is also injury prone because he doesn't mind taking sacks instead of throwing a potential pick or an incomplete pass. He has to preserve his stats at all cost. I personally don't think Love will be a franchise QB, but the Packers are all that matters. I also think the Packers are getting tired of Rodgers trying to dictate everything about the team and they might be ready to move on after next season.

Aaron Rodgers is one of my least favorite players in the NFL. In fact, I can't stand him.

Sounds like Green Bay has figured out after getting rid of coaches, changing systems, changing players that the problem was there all along. Remember, when everyone else is the problem Aaron, it usually means the problem is you.

Should trade him to Denver for Von Miller and some players and two first and two second rd picks.
People really overvalue the whole Qb position you can really take advantage

I wouldn't consider aarron rodgers a first ballot hofer anymore. He will.defintely get in,but I would put Russell Wilson first ballod before i put him.

CSP writes the gospel and everyone follows.
I give the GB front office credit for doing what they believed was in the best interest to move forward. AR12 Is blessed with the best physical tools in the league, but it seems as if he can no longer stay healthy. They supposedly had the best qb but got smoked at SF. Maybe ownership realized that a rebuild is the only option. IMO there is a significant talent gap between GB and SF & NO. Look for Rodgers to go to the Chargers, he has always been HOLLYWOOD!

I haven’t read the entire thread, but I’m sure this has been pointed out:

The Packers might be fed up with the head case that is Aaron Rodgers. We’ve heard rumblings over the years of his attitude and issues with top management on decisions. Maybe the Pack is ready to move on without

Also, if Love looks like he's developing into a next generation mobile QB over the next 1-2 years under pro training and learning watching Rodgers, the Pack could get a bounty in draft choices for Love of Rodgers plays 4-5 more years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom