N/S Packers vs Vikings (1 Viewer)

This Zimmer guy a moron or what? Why is Ponder still in the game? The dude is as bad as bad gets.

If Bridgewater were playing, this game is probably close

Most likely.... Ponder sucks. He cannot even throw an accurate 5 yd out. He's been the same since he entered the league. He'll have a random good game every 8 or so. He kills all of the wr's as soon as he's on the field. You can see their body language change as soon as he's qb. It's laughable that's he's in the NFL, although not too surprising considering the team he plays for.

I feel like if we absolutely must have Thursday night games, it should always be AFC vs. NFC.

In terms of playoff standings, AFC vs. NFC games "count" the least when it comes to tiebreakers. The visiting team is already at a huge disadvantage, so if they lose because of the short week (plus travel), at least this game doesn't hurt their playoff chances as much as a division loss. Plus, the games would interest fans of all teams because everyone has a clear rooting interest (until the blowout is underway, of course).

This is a glass half empty post. A glass half full post would have been, "at least we aren't the Vikings".

Then again, the Bucs looked worse than this and the Falcons looked better than this two weeks ago. The Bucs followed it up with a road win against the Steelers and the Falcons followed it up with a road loss to the Vikings.

So if we are going to play the "are we this bad" game then where does that put the Falcons who got shredded by the Vikings on Sunday?

I concede. You are correct. Still frustrating. I and a lot of other people thought coming in to this season, the Packers tonight, would be what we would look like. But trust me, I will take any win. 3-2 if that is what it takes. at least I would know the defense showed up.

These Thursday night games are terrible.

Has Rogers gone to an empty backfield yet after running down their throats. That's the thing to do these days. Right?

Patterson has touched the ball once, c'mon man.

I know right? The mighty Norv Turner just as dumb as ever. Another brilliant hire by the Viqueens. Let's see, your most potent weapon on the field without Peterson, i got it! He'll touch the ball only once. If good 'ol Norv had a brain in that thick skull of his he'd figure out how to get him the ball, and it can't be by throwing it because Ponder couldn't throw an accurate pass to save his life.

Zimmer is moving his way right up that list. Good lord guy, if it's not obvious that Ponder doesn't belong on the football field i don't know what does. Inexplicable.

And there is Ponder right back out. I hope the Packers beat these idiots 70 to nothing.

I know right? The mighty Norv Turner just as dumb as ever. Another brilliant hire by the Viqueens. Let's your most potent weapon on the field without Peterson, i got it! He'll touch the ball only once. If good 'ol Norv had a brain in that thick skull of his he'd figure out how to get him the ball, and it can't be by throwing it because Ponder couldn't throw an accurate pass to save his life.

Zimmer is moving his way right up that list. Good lord guy, if it's not obvious that Ponder doesn't belong on the football field i don't know what does. Inexplicable.

And there is Ponder right back out. I hope the Packers beat these idiots 70 to nothing.

Patterson had over 100 yards rushing in game 1 and since then has rushed the ball once. Norv has the Payton sickness.

TNF....

What the hell is going on out there?
When was the last time there was a competitive Thursday Night game?

I concede. You are correct. Still frustrating. I and a lot of other people thought coming in to this season, the Packers tonight, would be what we would look like. But trust me, I will take any win. 3-2 if that is what it takes. at least I would know the defense showed up.

Wasn't poking at you for being negative. Was just saying these Thursday Night games are the equivalent of preseason games that count. They are absolutely meaningless in regards to a team's ability. It gives the home team a massive advantage and gives the road team as close to an automatic loss as it gets.

If you take out the Giants blow out of the Redskins last week since the Giants and Eli have always played better on the road. The home team in the other 4 Thursday games have won 160-30. That is an average score of 40-7. That is also assuming the packers don't score anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom