Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lexus

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
Alrighty y’all. I’ve decided that I’m going to get a new car. My ‘09 Acura is still going strong but I’ve decided to treat myself.

Initially was going to drive the Acura until the wheels fall off but little things here and there are starting to go wrong - like the leather seats cracking, the sunroof malfunctioning - so got me thinking that it’s time to consider a new car.

I don’t commute anymore so just want something fun to drive. I also decided on a similar size car to what I have now because that’s what I’m comfortable with, don’t have kids, pets or supplies to lug around & because gas in Cali ain’t cheap and parking spaces are tight - when you can find one.

I’ve narrowed it down to 2 cars. The Audi S3 or the Lexus IS 350 sport. I’ve driven both the v6 & v8 of the IS & love them both but I don’t know that I drive enough to really justify the more expensive v8. Maybe if I was an avid road tripper or something but I’m not - but also haven’t ruled it out.

I don’t know Jack ish about cars or how to compare and since my dad, brothers and all my uncles on my mom’s side are all dead, I come to my internet brothers & uncles for advice (and yes some of y’all are the drunk/perverted uncles)

Any helpful insights y’all can provide are appreciated. Unhelpful advice not appreciated but expected 😂

I have so longed for an Audi S5 or A6. However, after repeated talks with a client ( services only European makes like audi, mb, Porsche etc ) they routinely talk me down from the purchase.

But if you don't mind the extra costs associated with servicing with specialized mechanics (as needed ) don't let that stop you.

I'm still rolling the 2010 acura tl...shoot I just replaced windshield and feel like I got new car lol.

I think that Lexus is bit sportier.

And you tossing cuz some leather cracking??? Lol no wonder neither of my girls would be caught dead in my car. Looks like I trapped a cougar in back seat and driver door arm rest lol.

Lexus is likely to be more reliable. Audi will be a better driving car.

I agree with this - I have long preferred German cars to Japanese cars, but it's not that one is "better" than the other. It depends on what exactly you value and how the cars appeal to you individually.

I'd go Audi without much deliberation. But others would say the Lexus is the obvious choice, I can't say that's wrong, just not what I would pick.

Lexus! Check this guy out on twitter @GuyDealership, he offers up some pretty solid advice and often talks about Audi maintenance and repair cost, that its not a solid car.

Only anecdotal experience is from co-worker who's Audi stayed in the shop often, whom finally gladly traded it in, when they were going to have to shell out well over 1k to replace a headlight.

Don't know about the Lexus but everyone I know who drives German cars, especially BMWs, have them in the shop about a half dozen times a year.
Not my experience in having a BMW for several years. Ran like a champ, only took it in for regular maintenance.

I have so longed for an Audi S5 or A6. However, after repeated talks with a client ( services only European makes like audi, mb, Porsche etc ) they routinely talk me down from the purchase.

But if you don't mind the extra costs associated with servicing with specialized mechanics (as needed ) don't let that stop you.

I'm still rolling the 2010 acura tl...shoot I just replaced windshield and feel like I got new car lol.

I think that Lexus is bit sportier.
lol the Audi sales guy did make me take the S5 out for a test drive. I was doing 98 & didn’t even feel like it. It was nice but a much bigger car than what I want

Alrighty y’all. I’ve decided that I’m going to get a new car. My ‘09 Acura is still going strong but I’ve decided to treat myself.

Initially was going to drive the Acura until the wheels fall off but little things here and there are starting to go wrong - like the leather seats cracking, the sunroof malfunctioning - so got me thinking that it’s time to consider a new car.

I don’t commute anymore so just want something fun to drive. I also decided on a similar size car to what I have now because that’s what I’m comfortable with, don’t have kids, pets or supplies to lug around & because gas in Cali ain’t cheap and parking spaces are tight - when you can find one.

I’ve narrowed it down to 2 cars. The Audi S3 or the Lexus IS 350 sport. I’ve driven both the v6 & v8 of the IS & love them both but I don’t know that I drive enough to really justify the more expensive v8. Maybe if I was an avid road tripper or something but I’m not - but also haven’t ruled it out.

I don’t know Jack ish about cars or how to compare and since my dad, brothers and all my uncles on my mom’s side are all dead, I come to my internet brothers & uncles for advice (and yes some of y’all are the drunk/perverted uncles)

Any helpful insights y’all can provide are appreciated. Unhelpful advice not appreciated but expected 😂
As someone who has driven neither, I know less than you and will thus abstain.

And you tossing cuz some leather cracking??? Lol no wonder neither of my girls would be caught dead in my car. Looks like I trapped a cougar in back seat and driver door arm rest lol.
Lol not that. I’m just ready for a new car and I also don’t think I would feel comfortable taking the Acura on a long road trip. This is the longest I’ve ever kept a car.

Audis are great, but they are expensive AF to maintain and repair.

One of my co-workers just had new brakes put on his Q7 and it was $5k.

I think your maintenance costs on the Lexus will be less than Audi, so that's something to consider.
These were the kind of stories my co-worker would tell us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom