New Car Help (with pole) (2 Viewers)

Choose the next SR clown car:

• Audi

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lexus

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My sister had an Audi and loved it except for maintenance cost. She swapped to a Tahoe SUV and now an Expedition and hasn't looked back.

I would go for the Lexus. My wife's next car will likely be a Lexus.

Of the two, Lexus.

I would test drive a Subaru, before you buy though. The Subaru WRX is the closest model to the Lexus, I think. I'm looking at the Crosstrek.

It might be easier to find parts for the Lexus though. Subarus are just awesome vehicles though.

$5k for brakes??? 😱
Yep. That was my exact question to him. It was rotors and pads. I can't remember if he said that he had just front done or all four. I want to say just the front, but don't quote me on that. I can ask him if you're interested.

I will say - we spent quite a bit of time in the Q7 on an interstate trip. It rides like a cloud and the interior is gorgeous. It was a very, very comfortable SUV.

Not my experience in having a BMW for several years. Ran like a champ, only took it in for regular maintenance.

Over the past 10 years we have had an Audi, a BMW, and a Mercedes - all were bought new or close to new (low miles "program cars" with warranty) and only had scheduled maintenance that I can recall. I remember the fans in the ventilated driver's seat in my BWM malfunctioned and had to be replaced - but it was a no-cost warranty item. That's the only non-routine service I recall on those three cars.

It is true that the wear and tear items are expensive but is it that much more than the Lexus? Certainly tires aren't more, I can't imagine that brakes are that much cheaper.

Of the two, Lexus.

I would test drive a Subaru, before you buy though. The Subaru WRX is the closest model to the Lexus, I think. I'm looking at the Crosstrek.

It might be easier to find parts for the Lexus though. Subarus are just awesome vehicles though.

She lives in San Diego - I'm guessing Subaru isn't the vibe she's going for 😁

+1 with no issues with my German car. 2013 Benz, only been in for routine stuff *knocks on wood*

I like Audis sliiiiightly more, but I don’t know if there’s really a wrong decision.

Yeah, but test driving can change minds.

They do look a little silly, but they drive like a dream.

Have you test drove a turbo charged Subaru?!?! Insane! Speeding tickets are a definite possibility with turbo charged.

I have high opinion of Subarus - I'm not talking about the car at all.

She lives in San Diego - I'm guessing Subaru isn't the vibe she's going for 😁
Not at all.

I stated the 2 I’ve narrowed it down to. Not interested in hearing about other cars I should consider that are not mentioned in the pole but people are gonna people and tell you what they prefer 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not at all.

I stated the 2 I’ve narrowed it down to. Not interested in hearing about other cars I should consider that are not mentioned in the pole but people are gonna people and tell you what they prefer 🤷🏻‍♀️

One last pitch for considering an Elantra . . . people are apparently really into them:

FvpvwB4WIAgwcaG

I had an Audi for 10 years... loved it, crazy fun to drive... BUT it was also really, really expensive to maintain. Finally gave it up when they wanted like $12K for some basic repairs (timing chain, needed to replace the turbo, etc).

That link that @0rion posted is interesting b/c I would have assumed the Audi was more expensive to maintain. I'd just be aware that Audi is very much pay to play, but the S3 is such a fun car to drive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom