New Car Help (with pole) (3 Viewers)

Choose the next SR clown car:

• Audi

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lexus

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get the one with the biggest motor, then rework the intake and exhaust. Following that get you a chip that advances the timing. You’ll have to burn super in it after that but oh well. Then take her out on the highway and stomp it. You won’t have a moment of regret.

And by the by, if you drive at regular highway speed, you’ll actually get better mileage.

Both the Audi and the Lexus are going to recommend super at stock build anyway.

I don't like the interiors of the Lexus - they're just shiny Toyotas. And I don't like the non-linear acceleration of Japanese cars.

Agree. I also find the driving/handling experience of a Lexus to seem artificial in some way that I can’t quite put my finger on. When I drive a German car I feel like I’m driving - like I’m feeling the tires in the road through the steering wheel. Lexus, to me, feels like I’m feeling some kind of computerized simulation of what the Lexus engineers think I want the tires in the road to feel like at that moment based on the conditions.

Agree. I also find the driving/handling experience of a Lexus to seem artificial in some way that I can’t quite put my finger on. When I drive a German car I feel like I’m driving - like I’m feeling the tires in the road through the steering wheel. Lexus, to me, feels like I’m feeling some kind of computerized simulation of what the Lexus engineers think I want the tires in the road to feel like at that moment based on the conditions.

suspension.

And Europeans have the market "cornered" regarding the design. There is no question when it comes to sporty cars, most, if not all European cars are tops in that regard. Shoot, most of thier cars are built AROUND brakes/suspension. Not engine/aesthetics

Both the Audi and the Lexus are going to recommend super at stock build anyway.
Most manufacturers recommend super, but only for a few is super mandatory. My Mazda 3 recommended super, it’s fine on regular.

The super unleaded requirement vs recommended is something I’d definitely research. A turbocharged motor increases the likelihood of a requirement for super.

Man all y’all rich people and your Porsches, Mercedes, Audis and Lexus’. Ima stick with @zeetes and his Subaru :hihi:

Last edited:
suspension.

And Europeans have the market "cornered" regarding the design. There is no question when it comes to sporty cars, most, if not all European cars are tops in that regard. Shoot, most of thier cars are built AROUND brakes/suspension. Not engine/aesthetics

Certainly it starts with the suspension, mechanical handling characteristics. But the sensation I get from the Lexus also feels like there’s some computer chip work happening.

Certainly it starts with the suspension, mechanical handling characteristics. But the sensation I get from the Lexus also feels like there’s some computer chip work happening.

no doubt there is some of that happening ( computer aided handling )

Porsche GT3 has that - i drove out at the NOLA racecourse and i remember the instructor telling me that if i enter a turn too shallow/deep/fast, the car will adjust to AWD and aid in the turn. I was like well shoot, im doing 90 into turn 1 then. lol.

Lexus may have theirs turned up to 11 ;)

if that feel is indeed what one wants out of the driving experience, then there is no doubt you go with the Audi. Winding PCH at 75mph will feel like a true drive.

Lots of good advice in this thread. My buddy loved driving his Audi A8. Until he had to get new brakes at 30K miles (which was only a year and a half for him) the 30K service was going to cost him almost $6,000. Instead of having it serviced he traded it in on a Lexus RC F.

I have a Toyota minivan and a Lexus RX 350L. I have them both serviced at a local Toyota dealership and I don't think I have spent $6K total in maintenance over the life of the vehicles combined.

Unless you are comfortable with the high costs of maintenance of the Audi, I'd recommend the Lexus.

The Audis sure are fun to drive though.

Last edited:
You said you're treating yourself so buy the one that brings you the most enjoyment to look at, sit in, and drive. Only you can determine that for yourself. Get the extended warranty and keep up with scheduled maintenance. Both are great options in their own right. Don't make a choice out of concern about something that only might happen. If you wanted to be practical, or you're worried about maintenance costs, you'd buy a Civic. You're not making a forever commitment so if problems eventually arise, move on to something else. Enjoy the hell out of whichever one you get.

I'm also a fan of smaller cars and like them both. I'd probably get the Audi.

On the extended warranty, remember that the price of everything in a car transaction is negotiable.

On the extended warranty, remember that the price of everything in a car transaction is negotiable.
Depends on the car. Some places and vehicles, not much negotiating to be had. Not sure what the market is like there tho.

Depends on the car. Some places and vehicles, not much negotiating to be had. Not sure what the market is like there tho.

There's typically room on the warranty given the markup. The price of the car might still be a challenge. If the dealership takes the competitive market position on price, squeeze them on trade-in if going that route.

Get the one with the biggest motor, then rework the intake and exhaust. Following that get you a chip that advances the timing. You’ll have to burn super in it after that but oh well. Then take her out on the highway and stomp it. You won’t have a moment of regret.

And by the by, if you drive at regular highway speed, you’ll actually get better mileage.
Lol I ain’t doing all that.

suspension.

The S3 is a 4 cylinder. The IS V6.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom