Choose the next SR clown car:

• Audi

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lexus

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not at all.

I stated the 2 I’ve narrowed it down to. Not interested in hearing about other cars I should consider that are not mentioned in the pole but people are gonna people and tell you what they prefer 🤷🏻‍♀️
In that case, of the 2, I would go Lexus, I enjoyed my Lexus.

@CapitalCitySaint - I spoke to my co-worker today and I got the specifics. He said that he was quoted by the Audi dealer $4,600 for new brakes, front and back with rotors and pads. He went to another shop and was quoted $3,800 for them, so he went with the other shop. He went with only the rear brakes and rotors (I didn't ask how much that wound up being) and he said that he'd have the fronts done soon. He mentioned what others have said about Audi's brakes - they need to be replaced fairly often because they use soft rotors.

All of that said, if your heart is on the Audi and the additional maintenance cost isn't a big concern, I think you should treat yourself.

https://www.bankrate.com/loans/auto-loans/dealer-tricks-to-avoid/

https://www.bankrate.com/loans/auto-loans/7-secret-tactics-that-car-salesmen-hope-you-dont-know/

Those are a couple articles I had my wife read prior to us shopping. She said they actually helped her quite a bit. I have no problem standing my ground and walking out when shenanigans start....my wife however is our handicap. She gets tired after awhile and starts making concessions.

Also....know the market for your car if you're trading in. That's really where you can make up some ground. Remember on trade ins you're making 2 deals. One for their car and one for yours. They will totally low ball you and have 57 reasons why you're asking too much. Then they'll come up some but still not to a fair price. We started out being offered $4k for my wife's old car.....we ended up getting $8k.

I spoke too soon about both sales guys. They both texted me today. Lol.

The Audi guy asked when I’d be back from my work trips. The Lexus guy went ahead and scheduled an appt for me on May 25th without talking to me.

Bro! 🤣

The Audi guy asked when I’d be back from my work trips. The Lexus guy went ahead and scheduled an appt for me on May 25th without talking to me.

Bro! 🤣
Make sure they both understand you're undecided. Even after you've decided.....stay undecided haha

This also reminds me of me and my brother back in the day. We would car shop together and whoever was buying the other one was there to try and talk them out of it. Haha the old good cop bad cop routine.

Bro! 🤣
They obviously don’t know who they’re dealing with :ezbill:

I used to have a Genesis G80 and loved that car. Reviewers love the Genesis lineup and they are very reliable with the best manufacturer warranty

Of the two mentioned, I would go Lexus due to maintenance costs

I'm not recommending it at all, but I always wanted a new Caddy. *sigh*

Instead I'll just toast to my dreams in the drinky thread when I recover from this icky Covid thing.
If Cadillac had ever produced the Ciel, I would have sold a kidney for it

Cadillac-Ciel_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg

Bro! 🤣

You have to make them beg - it enhances your leverage.

I suspect you might have some experience with that.*

*only meaning that you seem entirely comfortable with moving on your own timeline, not someone else's :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom