New DCU Plans (2 Viewers)

I hope she stays on board. I love her as WW. Just need to give her something to work with. The first WW movie with her was solid. The rest was pretty forgettable.
They’re not going to say no to anything at this point Flash was supposed to be redemptive for them and…it has not been
Gunn probably hasn’t been in place long enough to enable change, so they’re going to flounder in the interim (and probably after)

They lost their way. They started out following the Marvel model with the JLA movie. You had Steppenwolf (Loki/Ronan), with the big bad, Darkseid (Thanos), in the background pulling the strings. Marvel followed thru, with each movie referencing him and moving towards the confrontation, building excitement and anticipation. DC just let it fade away because they saw the whole multiverse thing that Marvel did afterwards and said, "Hey, we need to catch up!". If they had just stayed the course with a few filler movies, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, etc. like Marvel did, leading up to a Darkseid showdown, maybe we are having a different conversation.

The first WW movie with her was solid. The rest was pretty forgettable.
The first movie was carried by Chris Pine. If it wasn't for the NML scene you wouldn't have even known she was there.

Last edited:
Meh. She's a terrible actress who should have never been cast in the role.
Yeah, I gotta disagree here. Not too often we disagree on something, but I'm a fan of hers.

That said, if they went with a new, better actress for WW, I wouldn't be mad.

I just hope that with those extra characters they don't focus too much on universe building at the expense of telling a good story. I think that one of the mistakes with both the Amazing Spider-Man movies and Snyder's Batman v. Superman was that they tried to stuff so much in that it bogged things down.

I know people are excited about Gunn leading the DCEU now, but this makes me even more skeptical. I really dig all of Gunn's old stuff and Peacemaker is an instant classic, but if that is the direction he plans to take DCEU, I don't think it will work.

Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern? What's next? Michael Rooker as Luthor, Sean Gunn as Plastic Man and Mikaela Hoover as Daily Planet Reporter #1?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom