New DCU Plans (1 Viewer)

I guess I’m the low person on Brie Larson (which is not to say others are wrong). I thought she was good in movies like Spectacular Now and Short Term 12 and I definitely felt like she deserved the awards (including an Oscar) that she won for Room.

And it seemed like she was pretty jazzed to get the Carol Danvers part.

I guess I’m the low person on Brie Larson (which is not to say others are wrong). I thought she was good in movies like Spectacular Now and Short Term 12 and I definitely felt like she deserved the awards (including an Oscar) that she won for Room.

And it seemed like she was pretty jazzed to get the Carol Danvers part.
Her fans do adore her, that's for sure. I've seen lots of fans post pics with her and everything I've read about her interactions with fans has been positive.

If this is true WBD better hope they don't need a fourth one considering the strike. It's already looking like it's going to lose money.

If this is true WBD better hope they don't need a fourth one considering the strike. It's already looking like it's going to lose money.

That many reshoots is never a good thing. I don't think it'll crash and burn like The Flash, but I wouldn't be surprised that it underperforms.

Looks like another crash and burn incoming.

Looks like another crash and burn incoming.

I said this on my Batman Discord server...

This is the risk you take when you try to introduce characters to a casual audience.

I just watched a series of reaction videos by a couple of DC fans watching the first phases of the MCU thru Endgame. They started out a bit confused because they didn't read Marvel and had a tendency to try comparing the Marvel heroes with the DC heroes, mostly to Superman and Supergirl because that's all they have, really. By the time Infinity War (Endgame hasn't been watched yet) rolled around, they were both laughing, cheering, and crying. I think they became Marvel fans. The DCEU will never have anything like the first few phases of MCU. Hell, Marvel may not have another run like that.

The DCEU will never have anything like the first few phases of MCU. Hell, Marvel may not have another run like that.
aside from the Covid/streaming wars part of the equation- I think this is Marvel’s biggest struggle, navigating its growth post unimaginable success
There’s no way to recapture lighting in a bottle (though that’s what most fans seem to want)
So they’re trying new, expansive things and they’re mostly met with ‘we liked the formula! Give us the formula!’

I can't think of a single person I know who even knew who Blue Beetle was, for most normies, comic book knowledge doesn't travel much past the A-listers. DC, its Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman. I wouldn't even consider Flash one, even though there have been plenty of media about the character. I just think you need to get normies(non comic book ppl) to get excited. The Flash was just never interesting to me, was never going to see the movie regardless if they dumped Erza or not.

The MCU was always able to tie to a bigger arc, so normies who were invested in Ironman, Hulk, Cap, Thor, etc. Antman would never stood on its own if it wasn't tied to bigger stories and by the time Antman came out, you had a base of normies who were already invested, much like a soap opera. I thought Captain Marvel was a horrendous movie but the reason it did fairly well was because it was the 1st movie after the snap and everyone knew the post credit scene was gonna show off something. Many normies didn't read the Infinity Gauntlet series where Thanos snapped, so the end of Infinity War left a lot of those people speechless and were itching to see what happened next.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom