New Star Wars series The Acolyte (2 Viewers)

Kinda awesome

I grow more and more convinced the problem with early episodes was editing weirdness
Im betting the original cut showed a lot more of what happened at the coven - and last minute some VPs ‘asked’ for cuts so they could add more mystery

I keep forgetting this show is on. I’m guessing I’m not invested as much as the other Star Wars shows. So far Sol is carrying the show.

I keep forgetting this show is on. I’m guessing I’m not invested as much as the other Star Wars shows. So far Sol is carrying the show.
Manny Jacinto is at least sharing the load - I love his mix of sinister and humor (which makes it even more sinister)

I really hope we see momma witch again

I thought it was an interesting episode...

When Osha put on Darth Toof's helmet, I wonder if that is what sends her to the side of the Sith, her anger is already being manipulated by Darth Toof. I also wonder if that means that Mae goes in the opposite direction and the show (season?) ends w/ sister vs. sister. The lightsaber whip was pretty cool, but I wonder how it's possible...

I thought it was an interesting episode...

When Osha put on Darth Toof's helmet, I wonder if that is what sends her to the side of the Sith, her anger is already being manipulated by Darth Toof. I also wonder if that means that Mae goes in the opposite direction and the show (season?) ends w/ sister vs. sister. The lightsaber whip was pretty cool, but I wonder how it's possible...
I mean, considering flames in space, TIE bombers and Rebel bombers, and other impossible physics, a light saber that functions like a whip is perfectly Star Wars.

They call it a space fantasy for a reason. :hihi:

Lightsaber whips were already in starwars, so was cortosis materials. People being mad at these things are probably not comic book enjoyers and are movie/show only people. Vader fought someone using a cortosis blade in the comics and had his saber shorted out.

Lightsaber whips were already in starwars, so was cortosis materials. People being mad at these things are probably not comic book enjoyers and are movie/show only people. Vader fought someone using a cortosis blade in the comics and had his saber shorted out.
I think what happens is that bc SW started as movies, people want movies to be default canon/lore - like since Marvel started as comics, few bat an eye when Spider-Man’s suit has just so features- but so much SW ‘fans’ hold original trilogy as ORIGINAL text
And I get the strong feeling that they operate similar to people who argue for originalist positions of the constitution- they know it’s an absurd position, but they also know it has the sheen of purity and for whatever reason we elevate purity even though we all know there’s little to no value in it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom