NFL/NBA now have a Donald Sterling problem with Gayle Benson (2 Viewers)

The three Rs aren't getting ownership. If this stands, Gayle won't get approved. I use Marge Schott and the Reds of MLB. Also Sterling and the Clippers. The difference is that Gayle isn't the owner of the team yet. The Reds and Clippers got dragged through the mud because of those incidents. The league won't all Gayle in if its true.

I hear you. After Tom Benson isn't owner, I have no faith any new owner will keep team in N.O. Tom tried to leave too . No one seems loyal or competent to run the New Orleans Saints (jmo).

I hear you. After Tom Benson isn't owner, I have no faith any new owner will keep team in N.O. Tom tried to leave too . No one seems loyal or competent to run the New Orleans Saints (jmo).

I don't think the Saints are in danger of relocation. In my opinion, the Saints have a brand now. A brand that wasn't there before 2006.
Anyway, they have a lease for another decade.

In these discussions we often put Tom Benson in the grave before he's actually dead.

Given his level of wealth and healthcare, he's likely to live many more years as the owner. They'll be plenty of time to freak out when he's gone.

In these discussions we often put Tom Benson in the grave before he's actually dead.

Given his level of wealth and healthcare, he's likely to live many more years as the owner. They'll be plenty of time to freak out when he's gone.

He might be under good preventative care but rich doesn't mean immortal. If he gets hit with Cancer or dementia or whatever, sometimes no amount of money cures it. It just makes you a bit more comfortable in the end.

He might be under good preventative care but rich doesn't mean immortal. If he gets hit with Cancer or dementia or whatever, sometimes no amount of money cures it. It just makes you a bit more comfortable in the end.

Well yeah, but those are big ifs that could apply to every owner (cancer specifically). It's not like he has a terminal illness now though. He seems to be a reasonably active 88 year old.

Wouldn't shock me if he made it to 95+.

I don't think the Saints are in danger of relocation. In my opinion, the Saints have a brand now. A brand that wasn't there before 2006.
Anyway, they have a lease for another decade.

St. Louis Rams won a Super Bowl their and look at what happened to them. Its a lot of speculation right now, but I could definetly see them moving. I mean the Superdome isn't getting any younger. To be honest it's a great stadium but compared to these newer ones it's a dump. I think if the city and state don't play ball next time I could see them moving on.

St. Louis Rams won a Super Bowl their and look at what happened to them. Its a lot of speculation right now, but I could definetly see them moving. I mean the Superdome isn't getting any younger. To be honest it's a great stadium but compared to these newer ones it's a dump. I think if the city and state don't play ball next time I could see them moving on.

You can't compare the fan bases of the Rams in St. Louis to the Saints in New Orleans. For all the success, the Rams were the secondary team in St. Louis after the Cardinals.

As for potential ownership, can Benson give the team to someone like Dennis Lauscha

Forced ? Was he dead bolted inside? Across state lines that's a federal kidnapping case....

"Henry was allegedly forced to stay in a room that featured child-sized bunk beds and didn't have towels or air conditioning."

This is just another last resort for the 3 R' to get The team out of Mr. Benson. I hope Benson sells the team to Peyton Manning and Archie Manning.ASAP

You can't compare the fan bases of the Rams in St. Louis to the Saints in New Orleans. For all the success, the Rams were the secondary team in St. Louis after the Cardinals.

As for potential ownership, can Benson give the team to someone like Dennis Lauscha

Not comparing fan bases, I'm talking money. The saints tried to move once before. If you don't think the ownership wouldn't do it again your being naive.

I don't think he can just give the team away either. I'm sure that would end up in even law suits with everyone who had a hand in the pot. People just don't give away a billion dollars without a lot of people getting upset.

Rodney Henry, Tom Benson's longtime assistant, claims racial discrimination, harassment by Benson's wife

"Henry was allegedly forced to stay in a room that featured child-sized bunk beds and didn't have towels or air conditioning."

The most suspect thing about this story is that "owners" don't manage player or faculty rooming lists at training camp. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Not comparing fan bases, I'm talking money. The saints tried to move once before. If you don't think the ownership wouldn't do it again your being naive.

I don't think he can just give the team away either. I'm sure that would end up in even law suits with everyone who had a hand in the pot. People just don't give away a billion dollars without a lot of people getting upset.

Giving was the wrong term. Stipulate that he's in charge of the franchise or something to that effect.

The most suspect thing about this story is that "owners" don't manage player or faculty rooming lists at training camp. That doesn't make any sense to me.

If he was a personal assistant for benson was he being booked by the team? I mean maybe another one of bensons assistants booked the spot? I can't believe that they wouldn't just give the dude a company credit card to book his travel anyway. Although I've never been an assistant for the super rich.

gI_129143_R3_solo%20Logo%202C%20%20Rmark%20.jpg

For some reason I saw this at first as Mickey Mouse's house lying next to a Crescent Hill which itself is at the base of perfectly sloped levee, all sideways. I thinks i'll leave the bar now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom