NFL No more ambush, new rule forces teams to let the other team know they are doing an onside kick (1 Viewer)

NGL, I hear all the time that there are tons of injuries on kickoffs, making changes like this necessary, but I honestly can’t even think of any offhand, and let’s just say I’ve watched a ton of football in my life. 😂

Why am I not seeing them?

NFL knows we aren't going anywhere! They will change the game as they see fit! Just my opinion! Who Dat
They have no competition. A regular season afternoon game beats or nearly beats the NBA finals.
And MLB has become so regionalized it barely gets any national coverage anymore. And hockey is almost exclusively a northeastern sport.
Heck, the NFL Draft outdraws every other sport!

This is a clear example of the NFL doing something absolutely no one asked for. It's already hard enough to do an onside kick, it's not like they need to make it harder. The NFL is simply tone deaf, which I guess is more normal than not.

NGL, I hear all the time that there are tons of injuries on kickoffs, making changes like this necessary, but I honestly can’t even think of any offhand, and let’s just say I’ve watched a ton of football in my life. 😂

Why am I not seeing them?
No doubt. And certainly not onside kicks. It's not like players can get to full speed in 10 yards or so. This was more a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

They have no competition. A regular season afternoon game beats or nearly beats the NBA finals.
And MLB has become so regionalized it barely gets any national coverage anymore. And hockey is almost exclusively a northeastern sport.
Heck, the NFL Draft outdraws every other sport!
But I'll be honest: I'm not sure how long it will outdraw every other sport if they take all the fun of out of watching it.

I'd rather be at a hockey game than a football game 100 times out of a 100, but I will readily admit hockey does not translate to television anywhere nearly as well as the other major sports.

And as much as I used to dislike baseball, I'd rather watch a baseball game now than an NFL game because 1) I don't trust the integrity of the NFL and 2) the rule changes already implemented make it a less interesting game than it used to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom