NFL No more ambush, new rule forces teams to let the other team know they are doing an onside kick (1 Viewer)

They have no competition. A regular season afternoon game beats or nearly beats the NBA finals.
And MLB has become so regionalized it barely gets any national coverage anymore. And hockey is almost exclusively a northeastern sport.
Heck, the NFL Draft outdraws every other sport!
The NFL is working on that. Once games can only be accessible on apps or cable it'll turn into every other sport.

So much for the element of surprise. Aka, caught with ur pants down. So what's next, no fake punts unless the D knows ur faking it?

They’re trying to make everyone hate kick offs by making them pathetic so they can just get rid of them without anybody caring any more.

But I'll be honest: I'm not sure how long it will outdraw every other sport if they take all the fun of out of watching it.

I'd rather be at a hockey game than a football game 100 times out of a 100, but I will readily admit hockey does not translate to television anywhere nearly as well as the other major sports.

And as much as I used to dislike baseball, I'd rather watch a baseball game now than an NFL game because 1) I don't trust the integrity of the NFL and 2) the rule changes already implemented make it a less interesting game than it used to be.
That’s been said since the concussion lawsuits and the TV ratings have actually risen since then.

The NFL isn’t going to last long anyway. Besides the ridiculous rule changes, it’s already too expensive for the average fan. And once it all becomes ‘pay per stream’, many just won’t be able to follow the league anymore. I know that I won’t be able keep up.

Hopefully college games will still quench my football thirst. 😢

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom