NFL No more ambush, new rule forces teams to let the other team know they are doing an onside kick (3 Viewers)

The new gentlemen rule lol 😂.

Eventually they’ll get rid of special teams. I think that’s the direction they’re going, anyway.

Rugby seems more and more the way to go. I only watch the saints as it is. Less and less inclined to care.

Considering that an onside kick will be done from a different spot on the field it's kinda obvious that the other team will have notification. Same as going for 2 vs. kicking a PAT. If it makes kickoff returns viable the pros will outweigh the cons, wonder if it means a safety will take a spot that normally went to a linebacker in kickoff coverage.

They really taking all the excitement out of the special team. Lol

Not really, they are trying to put some back into it. Onside kicks haven't been a thing for quite a while and now they are putting a play in place that gives teams the opportunity to try one. Also, they are bringing back a version of the kickoff, I think it's what the XFL did. So these rule changes are good for the league since the kickoff part of the game has been boring af lately.

Not really, they are trying to put some back into it. Onside kicks haven't been a thing for quite a while and now they are putting a play in place that gives teams the opportunity to try one. Also, they are bringing back a version of the kickoff, I think it's what the XFL did. So these rule changes are good for the league since the kickoff part of the game has been boring af lately.
Yeah, I think people on this thread are mostly reacting without being fully informed.

The NFL kickoff (which occurs on average roughly 9 times per game) is dead, and they’re working on finding a way to bring it back.

If the price tag is giving up the surprise onside kick, a play that occurs maybe a handful of times each season, it’s positively worth it.

I watched zero non-Saints games last year. I'm pretty close from just abandoning the NFL altogether. I quit fantasy last year b/c I was just not into the league at all. Next year may be the year I finally just watch Saints highlights on Monday mornings and that's it. The NFL no longer deserves 3-1/2 hours of my life each week. Stupid rule and becoming a boring league.

It's a step on the path of eliminating the kickoff entirely.

Slowly, I lose interest in the NFL a little more every year. Especially after the Rams game.

If that's arrogant stupidity, what do you call people who, knowing this, continue to watch the NFL?

I watch it....for entertainment purposes only, don't take seriously any longer....I still love the game (especially college football) but I hate what the greedy, corrupt NFL has done to the game....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom