Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (11 Viewers)

So AJ did a bunch of interviews on his dramatic physique transformation just because he leaned out more? No, he recomped.

Whether he was natural or not in that black and white pic, the improvement, despite moving into his mid-40s, is obvious. He is clearly drier in the pic that I posted, so I would think that he tried to peak for his return date. But just looking at the angle and thickness of his lat makes it easy to see that he added noticeable size.
I don't see the noticeable size differential in his lat that you're referring to. But neither picture is really a good shot of his lats anyway. Adding size to one muscle group doesn't support the theory that he's juicing either. His arms, shoulders, and chest appear to be the same size or at least within the range of what could be achieved with six years of lifting.

While it's not a perfect side by side comparison, I tried to find a picture with a posture as similar as possible to yours. Any size gain from 2018 to 2024 could absolutely be achieved with a well-monitored diet and TRT or HRT, even in his mid-40s. This is especially feasible if you have the financial resources to support it, which he does.

Whether he's clean or not, I don't know. However, any gains from those two pictures is minimal and definitely not substantive of supraphysiological doses.

Also, since when does doing interviews implicate you for juicing?

Last edited:
I don't see the noticeable size differential in his lat that you're referring to. But neither picture is really a good shot of his lats anyway. Adding size to one muscle group doesn't support the theory that he's juicing either. His arms, shoulders, and chest appear to be the same size or at least within the range of what could be achieved with six years of lifting.

While it's not a perfect side by side comparison, I tried to find a picture with a posture as similar as possible to yours. Any size gain from 2018 to 2024 could absolutely be achieved with a well-monitored diet and TRT or HRT, even in his mid-40s. This is especially feasible if you have the financial resources to support it, which he does.

Whether he's clean or not, I don't know. However, any gains from those two pictures is minimal and definitely not substantive of supraphysiological doses.

Also, since when does doing interviews implicate you for juicing?
I pointed out the lat because that was the most obvious, not because one body part decides PED use. But then again, I acknowledge that I may just have a better eye for these sorts of things because of my background. Even if you say that his bodyparts are the same size in the two pictures, then he obviously has more muscle in the one that I posted because, like I already pointed out, he is drier in that one.

Listen to Stevie Richards on it. He is much more certain that AJ used supraphysiological doses (and then some) than I am. This is the sort of thing in which if you have been around it enough and seen it enough....you know.

(((There is a F-bomb or two in there)))

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
I pointed out the lat because that was the most obvious, not because one body part decides PED use. But then again, I acknowledge that I may just have a better eye for these sorts of things because of my background. Even if you say that his bodyparts are the same size in the two pictures, then he obviously has more muscle in the one that I posted because, like I already pointed out, he is drier in that one.

Listen to Stevie Richards on it. He is much more certain that AJ used supraphysiological doses (and then some) than I am. This is the sort of thing in which if you have been around it enough and seen it enough....you know.

(((There is a F-bomb or two in there)))

I've been around this plenty and deal with it regularly, even administering it legally. Yes, he's obviously dryer and leaner in the first photo; we've both acknowledged that. However, having less water retention or lower body fat is not a smoking gun for steroid use. What I'm saying is that his musculature is not dramatically larger in the picture you posted. He's dryer, which, as you know, makes striations more pronounced and makes the muscles seem larger.

Additionally, there is a six-year gap between the two pictures. That is more than ample time to add any muscle mass that would be apparent. One other thing of note in distinguishing between the two pictures is to note his posture in both. In the 2024 picture he is bent forward at the waist, whereas he almost leaned back in the 2018 picture. Curvature of the spine here is not insignificant if we are comparing the lats. But, we are getting in the weeds here for sure.

I can respect Stevie Richards' opinion, but let's not pretend that because he cycled 20 years ago, he's an expert on current medical interventions or what levels would be therapeutically necessary to achieve his current physique. And, I really wish that he were talking about this on any other platform. :hihi:

I definitely respect your history with this, and I admit it's definitely possible. I will concede there are some pictures of him around 2022 that would support the recomp suggestion. My only point this entire time is that it's definitely achievable with therapeutic levels of TRT/HRT and strict diet. We can agree to disagree, but I'm not entirely sure we do.

Last edited:
I've been around this plenty and deal with it regularly, even administering it legally. Yes, he's obviously dryer and leaner in the first photo; we've both acknowledged that. However, having less water retention or lower body fat is not a smoking gun for steroid use. What I'm saying is that his musculature is not dramatically larger in the picture you posted. He's dryer, which, as you know, makes striations more pronounced and makes the muscles seem larger.

Additionally, there is a six-year gap between the two pictures. That is more than ample time to add any muscle mass that would be apparent. One other thing of note in distinguishing between the two pictures is to note his posture in both. In the 2024 picture he is bent forward at the waist, whereas he almost leaned back in the 2018 picture. Curvature of the spine here is not insignificant if we are comparing the lats. But, we are getting in the weeds here for sure.

I can respect Stevie Richards' opinion, but let's not pretend that because he cycled 20 years ago, he's an expert on current medical interventions or what levels would be therapeutically necessary to achieve his current physique. And, I really wish that he were talking about this on any other platform. :hihi:

I definitely respect your history with this, and I admit it's definitely possible. I will concede there are some pictures of him around 2022 that would support the recomp suggestion. My only point this entire time is that it's definitely achievable with therapeutic levels of TRT/HRT and strict diet. We can agree to disagree, but I'm not entirely sure we do.
I posted the the 2022 picture because that's a pretty good snapshot of what he looked like then when he was clearly smaller. And more recent than the 2018 picture.

I do realize some of these guys lose some definition with all of the traveling they do and makes it harder to stay on a strict dieting regimen. I believe that's why you see these jacked wrestlers on NXT. They perform most weeks at the same location.

I will admit he could have gotten jacked during his time off. He's definitely not the only one who was able to look quite different. These guys are looking incredible.

One guy who I wonder about is Braun Strowman. There's something off about him since his return. I can't put my finger on it, but seems like his body is different.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg

I didn't say that being drier is a sure smoking gun, but at the same time, there are steroids like Winstrol (which Stevie mentioned) that give that dry, hard look. Guys in the business like Stevie are going to tend to know what guys in the business are doing, though that's not to say they will have a 100% accuracy rate for the ones like Stevie who do talk so openly about it.

And again, for AJ to indulge in the questions about his "dramatic transformation" tells me that he knows he recomped and didn't just lean out.

I am fine with agreeing to disagree. At the end of the day, I surely don't need anyone to agree with my stance on any particular wrestler (or any other person) in terms of being natty (though we should be able to agree that he is on TRT at a minimum), on HRT, or on gear. You have an interest and knowledge on this, too, so that makes it kind of more interesting to talk about. It's all good.

Can you two kiss and make up before SmackDown tonight? Thanks much. :hihi:
:hihi: All respect. I’m all for healthy disagreements but keeping this thread drama-free. I don’t want to speak for him, but I think Joe (and all the regulars in here) is the same.

Too bad. Show sucks...

Too bad. Show sucks...

I liked Pat’s show during the football season but i haven’t watched it lately. Actually I can’t want for the DLC on WWE2k to drop for I can punch Boston Conner in the face, annoying NE bias fork

Dynamite did it's worst rating ever Wednesday. 502k.

They need go be sounding massive alarms there. They've pretty much cut their once regular audience in half.

AEW has massive problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom