(Old thread) Saints Offensive coach, Dan Roushar, part ways. (2 Viewers)

Sort of embarrassing that the Saints just made a very public statement that coaching is not the problem with our awful offense - EXCEPT FOR YOU DAN ROUSHAR!

It was one thing when this looked like the first domino. But to be the ONLY guy they threw under the bus? Ouch.

Sort of embarrassing that the Saints just made a very public statement that coaching is not the problem with our awful offense - EXCEPT FOR YOU DAN ROUSHAR!

It was one thing when this looked like the first domino. But to be the ONLY guy they threw under the bus? Ouch.

Are you talking about the same DAN ROUSHAR who destroyed Tom Brady's marriage and single-handedly ruined the Saints season? That DAN ROUSHAR? Well, now it all makes sense. I didn't see Mickey's logic at first, but now it makes sense.

These posts, are truly, truly aggravating to read. Mostly because they make absolutely no sense. Youd think people would take the time to think about what they are saying. But they dont.

We are going to do this, again, with the Steelers.....who havent had a losing season in Tomlins 16 years as a head coach. Really think about that. NEVER had a losing season in 16 years.

Youre using that model, in relation to Dennis Allen, who hasnt had a winning season in his 4 years as a head coach. Using a 'model' with a guy and his .636 career win %, to justify keeping a guy with a career .283 win %.

Its just, mind numbing how people keep buying the bs about stability when you have a HC who has lost 38 of his 53 games as a head coach.

Winning seasons:

Tomlin 16
Allen 0

10+ loss seasons

Tomlin 0
Allen- ALL

Playoff wins

Tomlin - 17
Allen - 0

People really need to stop it with the comparisons to the Steelers. You cant be the Steelers with a HC who cant win.

When Payton was the coach...the 6 longest tenured HCs in the NFL:

Belichick - .662
Tomlin - .636
Reid - .641
Payton - .631
Harbaugh - .607
Carroll - .589

Do you see what stability looks like? Does it look anything like, or anywhere near .283?
Tomlin has more playoff wins than Dennis Allen has regular season games win after 50 games... Absolutely absurd that this is perfectly okay by any standard other than the Saints being stubborn and thinking they know better than the collective NFL community besides Saints Media being bullied to playing nice or lose media access.

I don't understand how this organization got so stubborn and blinded by their decisions.

Tomlin has more playoff wins than Dennis Allen has regular season games win after 50 games... Absolutely absurd that this is perfectly okay by any standard other than the Saints being stubborn and thinking they know better than the collective NFL community besides Saints Media being bullied to playing nice or lose media access.

I don't understand how this organization got so stubborn and blinded by their decisions.

Around 10 years ago, I heard from a friend who has friends inside Airline Drive that the Saints viewed themselves as the "Patriots of the NFC." They believed that they had an excellent organization and culture and way of doing things that could produce on field success over a long period of time, far superior to almost any other NFL team.

And it might have been an accurate statement for stretches of time between 2006-2020.

But now that both "Brady" and "Belichick" have left the building, it's most certainly not the case any more. But they apparently still believe it and are literally going to keep doing what they're doing. Sort of like Al Davis hanging on to the idea that the Raiders were Committed to Excellence long after they became a clown show - sometimes the people closest to the action are the last to know.

Who can’t do TE things like block.
Hes okay at blocking, he isnt a Left Tackle, but hes not terrible IMO...But he does the productive tight end thing well....catch

Being said, he's only in year 2 of Tightendhood his blocking shortcomings are excused in my eyes.

I'd rather a TE that was just okay at blocking but great at playmaker over a TE that can block well but can't catch a cold.

Hes okay at blocking, he isnt a Left Tackle, but hes not terrible IMO...But he does the productive tight end thing well....catch

Being said, he's only in year 2 of Tightendhood his blocking shortcomings are excused in my eyes.

I'd rather a TE that was just okay at blocking but great at playmaker over a TE that can block well but can't catch a cold.

I don't remember what show it was on, either NFL Network or NFL Radio, but the show was about TE prospects. The first question asked about evaluating TE prospects now is, "Can he catch?" They discussed how the position has evolved so much that they don't even care if their blocking is not fully developed as long as they can catch. There's always going to be the 6th lineman/blocking TEs and then very few complete TEs, but teams are looking for TEs that can catch 1st and then develop the blocking part of the game.

JJ is exactly where he should be and he's probably even a little ahead compared to the normal timeframe for a WR to convert to a TE. He needs to be re-signed.

I get it on having a TE who can catch, but all the good ones in this league can block, it’s part of what makes them great. Watch him block when a run goes his way, he gets thrown aside when the runner approaches and his assignment makes the tackle at the LOS. Against Philly we eventually had him split out wide while WR’s lined up inside to help block for the run, we had zero success running to his side of the line.

This is more of an indictment of the coach that is leaving than it is of Juwan, he’s getting credit for Juwan’s development when he is still more WR than TE. I’m hoping whoever they bring in can complete his development to make it worth adding weight.

These posts, are truly, truly aggravating to read. Mostly because they make absolutely no sense. Youd think people would take the time to think about what they are saying. But they dont.

We are going to do this, again, with the Steelers.....who havent had a losing season in Tomlins 16 years as a head coach. Really think about that. NEVER had a losing season in 16 years.

Youre using that model, in relation to Dennis Allen, who hasnt had a winning season in his 4 years as a head coach. Using a 'model' with a guy and his .636 career win %, to justify keeping a guy with a career .283 win %.

Its just, mind numbing how people keep buying the bs about stability when you have a HC who has lost 38 of his 53 games as a head coach.

Winning seasons:

Tomlin 16
Allen 0

10+ loss seasons

Tomlin 0
Allen- ALL

Playoff wins

Tomlin - 17
Allen - 0

People really need to stop it with the comparisons to the Steelers. You cant be the Steelers with a HC who cant win.

Belichick - .662
Tomlin - .636
Reid - .641
Payton - .631
Harbaugh - .607
Carroll - .589

Do you see what stability looks like? Does it look anything like, or anywhere near .283?

You give a guy more than a year or two to prove himself. It's easy to look passed his time w the raiders bc that's been a clown show for years. Feel free to be as aggravated as you want though m8

Winning seasons:

Tomlin 16
Allen 0

10+ loss seasons

Tomlin 0
Allen- ALL

Playoff wins

Tomlin - 17
Allen - 0

Belichick - .662
Tomlin - .636
Reid - .641
Payton - .631
Harbaugh - .607
Carroll - .589

Apparently you can attain stability with any ole coach.....as long as stability does not equal success then we should be fine.....great rationale, the DA/Saints organization supporters don't have much more to throw against the wall hoping it will stick....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom