Olympics Paris 2024 (3 Viewers)

I think the argument could be made that she could have made the team over Diana Taurasi, but it's not a very convincing one.

For the record, the Dream Team came incredibly close to assembling the most dominant team possible at any given point in history. Yes, it's the best team ever assembled but it could have been better if Shaq was chosen over Laettner. That one change and it's the best team that could have been assembled.

Can't even do that today or ever again because no team will ever again have the top 20 best players in the world all arising from the same country. So close to perfection....

Why is the person CC would replace less deserving?
Where did I say that? It's ultimately up to the committee to decide who's "deserving" however you define that. Everyone who thinks they're good enough thinks they're deserving, or maybe they don't.

Besides, I have no idea who she'd replace. I don't follow them closely enough to know that.

I think the argument could be made that she could have made the team over Diana Taurasi, but it's not a very convincing one.
I've seen enough of both that I definitely wouldn't put CC in over Diana. Diana is an awesome player.

I've seen enough of both that I definitely wouldn't put CC in over Diana. Diana is an awesome player.

Yeah, I don't really see a guard CC could replace. She'll get international experience starting next year with the world championships and will be prime for the 2028 Olympics.

Where did I say that? It's ultimately up to the committee to decide who's "deserving" however you define that. Everyone who thinks they're good enough thinks they're deserving, or maybe they don't.

Besides, I have no idea who she'd replace. I don't follow them closely enough to know that.
I know but that’s the point- it’s a zero sum game . Including someone means excluding someone else
If someone says CC should be on the team it means she would replace someone who was already selected and if they can’t say why CC over the other player then they’re not talking about basketball anymore

I deal with this ALL of the time in auditioning - 10 kids audition for one role and all 10 kids and their parents and friends think they should get the role
One kid gets the role
The other 9 will say why they should have the role but no one will be able to say why they should have the role MORE than the one who got cast

I know but that’s the point- it’s a zero sum game . Including someone means excluding someone else
If someone says CC should be on the team it means she would replace someone who was already selected and if they can’t say why CC over the other player then they’re not talking about basketball anymore

I deal with this ALL of the time in auditioning - 10 kids audition for one role and all 10 kids and their parents and friends think they should get the role
One kid gets the role
The other 9 will say why they should have the role but no one will be able to say why they should have the role MORE than the one who got cast

Do you ever get parents questioning your credentials like, "and just what qualifies you to know that kid is better than my special little unicorn?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom