Saints Outside of Drew Brees who is your favorite all-time Saints player? (1 Viewer)

Morten Andersen. I grew up kicking field goals in our oversized backyard on a rinky-dink goal post the previous homeowners had cemented into a tire & left there when they were foreclosed on. Always wanted to be a kicker at any level, but ended up a high school swimmer instead.

Great to see him have such a long career, but was heartbroken when he left us in the 90's.

giphy.gif
Watching this gif makes me miss Deuce even more. He was Derrick Henry before Derrick Henry.

Too many to single out one specific player... for me, it goes more in time frames...

As a kid, it was Reuben Mayes, Dalton Hilliard, Gil Fennerty, Ironhead Heyward, and Vaughn Johnson that drew me into the Saints...

I really liked Derek Brown and Ray Zellars when they played for the Saints... I honestly really liked Mario Bates as well...

Loved loved loved... and still love Deuce McAllister. He’s top 5 all time for me.

Of course Drew Brees... that goes without saying...
Love Colston and now CGM...

Right now though... currently... I have a full-blown MAN-crush on Taysom Hill.. bordering on unhealthy.

Gil Fenerty!!!! Is that because you played Tecmo Super Bowl and he was the kick returner? That's why I loved him.

Looking back at the players mentioned unreal how many greats the Saints have had through out the years. More incredibly how much young talent this team currently has on the roster.

Last edited:
Outside of Drew Brees?

Marques Colston is my all time favorite Saint period. For any number of reasons, a 7th round pick who likely wasn't even expected to make the team....in hindsight his combine numbers for a WR his size where pretty mind-blowing, he was a much better athlete than most believe....but....he also wanted to be great, he worked his tail off to become what he was...and I honestly believe he is the most underrated WR of all time....Tough as nails, never complained, total team player....

Jon Vilma. Then Jabari Greer. I remember the massive push for a number 1 corner in the 09 off season. Everyone here (including me) wanted Ron Bartell . He resigned with the Rams. We went after Greer. That turned out to be massive. Greer was easily a top 5 corner that year. We don’t win the Super Bowl without him.

Tough question. I've always been an Eric Martin and Dalton Hilliard guy.
Could you imagine Dalton running the screens on Payton’s team? That would be something worth seeing. Dalton already was a good screen RB but he would have went to another level with Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom