Parkway tavern and Tracey's on Food network... (1 Viewer)

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Parkway Tavern????

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll say it. I don't like Parkway. Everyone says their great, but I've just had plain terrible overstuffed po-boys there. I only get catfish po-boys. Is that it? Are the shrimp, oyster, roast beef, etc. better than their catfish? I'm allergic to shellfish so I stay away from those. I love a good catfish po-boy though. There's are definitely stuffed with tons of fish but they lack flavor and the fish are somewhat soggy. Am I going at the wrong time. I'm just not impressed yet they keep winning rave reviews on TV shows, in the Gambit, and by food critics.

For what's it worth, I think Charlie's has a good catfish po-boy. Domilise's is also better too...hold the ketchup. I'd even rate the Danny and Clyde's in Thibodaux better than Parkway's catfish po-boy. Am I alone on this?

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Okay, I'll say it. I don't like Parkway. Everyone says their great, but I've just had plain terrible overstuffed po-boys there. I only get catfish po-boys. Is that it? Are the shrimp, oyster, roast beef, etc. better than their catfish? I'm allergic to shellfish so I stay away from those. I love a good catfish po-boy though. There's are definitely stuffed with tons of fish but they lack flavor and the fish are somewhat soggy. Am I going at the wrong time. I'm just not impressed yet they keep winning rave reviews on TV shows, in the Gambit, and by food critics.

For what's it worth, I think Charlie's has a good catfish po-boy. Domilise's is also better too...hold the ketchup. I'd even rate the Danny and Clyde's in Thibodaux better than Parkway's catfish po-boy. Am I alone on this?

I'd put World Deli's roast beef up against any one's in the area. If you have not tried that one, it's worth your wild to get it.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I'd put World Deli's roast beef up against any one's in the area. If you have not tried that one, it's worth your wild to get it.

I've had it. It's outstanding.

I've never had a bad sandwich from there.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Three endorsements for World Deli's in a row. Okay, I'm on it. Where is this place?

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Clearview just lake side of West Esplanade.

Claw

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Tracy's roast beef po boys are wayyyy to salty, just are not too good at all. Want a good rb po boy, try Mr. Poboy if you are ever in houma.

lades

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Domilise's and Liuzza's shrimp poboys....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom