Payton Eying The Chargers Or Cardinals (1 Viewer)

Cardinals would be real nice. Could end up essentially getting that 1st round pick back.

Remaining Cardinals schedule:

Chargers (Sean Payton Bowl)?
Patriots
Broncos
Buccaneers
Falcons
49ers

Probably 4 losses at least, if not 5, putting them at 8-9 or 7-10, which is where we’re likely to be.

I’ll take a second 1st Rounder as well, please.

All of that said, I can’t imagine why Payton would want that job. Is Murray really the guy? I’m biased, but I’d much rather be coaching the Saints. Especially in our garbage division.
I'll take the Cardinals 2 1st round picks, 2023 3rd round pick and TE Trey McBride. Done deal.

I think we will net 2 1sts for Payton (similar to what Gruden went for after he built up the Raiders), but do y’all really think that we can net more than that?

Obviously if multiple teams are involved, scarcity of the resource will increase the cost, but I don’t think Sean will allow his new team to fork up so much that he will get stuck rebuilding the team for 3 years. He probably wants to go somewhere that giving up picks won’t kill the team, but also will want enough high draft picks to get flexibility with the roster.

I don’t know this is such an intriguing situation, however at the same time, I think he still hold some power to the point where we might not get everything that we want (unless the conditions are right).

Absolutely. I'm just saying that Payton, like all of us would, will go to the highest bidder as would the Saints. I used the Panthers as an example but if they wanted to pay him $125 million over the next five years and give New Orleans four first round picks, he'll be the Panthers head coach.

It's always about money.......
Except he can make more money on TV than he is reasonably going to make as a coach... for about a tenth of the hours demanded by the job.

Ideal place would be San Diego.

Edit: I am not the only one who still consider the Charger as "San Diego".
I still call the Commander’s, The Redskins and the Raiders “Oakland”.
I live in Vegas and know more than half of these season ticket holders are working at Walmart and selling the tickets for anything they can get.
Horrible fan base

At least one ring. I think we forget how hard winning multiple rings is, BB is the only guy in the past 20 years.
Yes, people will still be talking about giving Allen another season cause we're playing hard but losing :muahaha:
Coughlin and Tomlin both won 2 Super Bowls during that time. Baltimore as well but I don't know if that was 2 different coaches are not. Pete Carrol should've gotten 2.

And you believe that? I haven't seen anyone but Florio reporting that.
Oh but the inside information from his "unnamed sources" was very convincing.

I hear they are very reliable sources close to him, and they have daily conversations on league happenings via his bathroom mirror.

This is all a decoy. Same as what happened with Deshaun Watson. My guess is he goes back to the cowboys
This is the one thing that makes it not so terrible cowgirls are winning. Can’t fire McCarthy after this season. Maybe they make it to nfccg and lose there so won’t be 1 and done again. If they get Payton would be like bama getting saban

Since when? I know he's tight with Glazer and I know fans turned around on Florio after bountygate but I never heard that Payton and him were tight.
Been on his pod plenty of times. Florio had this first:

Florio had the info on the Dolphins pursuit of SP long before it was reported elsewhere (and later confirmed by the league).

Coughlin and Tomlin both won 2 Super Bowls during that time. Baltimore as well but I don't know if that was 2 different coaches are not. Pete Carrol should've gotten 2.
Tomlin has 2 appearances, and 1 ring. Yes, Coughlin has two, the last in 2011. My point is it's not common to win more than two rings. Getting there doesn't count as a win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom