Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It seems like it's not the sandwich description that's so offputting to him
I'm the king of taking things literally so when I think someone else took something literally when they shouldn't have you can take that to the bank. It's like Ozzy saying you have a drug problem, he would know.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
In the spirit of documenting the NOLA fried chicken sandwich scene, I will add that Frey's Smoked Meats has a very nice hot chicken sandwich that is made with thighs. They also have a CFA clone that is better than the original, but I do love hot chicken.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet. But those saying this is a CFL vs Popeyes thing are wrong imo. Unless Popeyes starts installing playsets and cooking up sugar coated nuggets for all the kids and little league teams, there's no real issue.
No playsets is a selling feature for Popeyes. :)

Seriously though... the two CFA locations closest to me are so crowded at lunch hour that they have police directing traffic.
Mine too, but I can walk in and right back out quicker than any other store on the planet.

ever eat a yeast roll?

is it possible to have a 'soul food' chicken sandwich? If so, what bread would you put it on?
Bunny bread, son. This ain't hard...

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of documenting the NOLA fried chicken sandwich scene, I will add that Frey's Smoked Meats has a very nice hot chicken sandwich that is made with thighs. They also have a CFA clone that is better than the original, but I do love hot chicken.
does it come on fried dough?

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I'll second that on Frey's chicken sammich. It's really good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom