Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (4 Viewers)

And do you qualify for admission?

I think so. I don't recall a time where popeyes staff was rude to me. But also 1) I have very low expectations when I go to Popeyes and thus a pretty patient, pleasant demeanor, and 2) I never go through a drive thru (except ATMs, and very occasionally, a daiquiri shop), pretty much ever. I have had to wait for chicken but I do not recall ever being treated badly.

I think so. I don't recall a time where popeyes staff was rude to me. But also 1) I have very low expectations when I go to Popeyes and thus a pretty patient, pleasant demeanor, and 2) I never go through a drive thru (except ATMs), pretty much ever. I have had to wait for chicken but I do not recall ever being treated badly.
Welcome brother! We're dragons here.

So i went to a Popeyes here in Nashville today at 12:30.. my plan was to get some spicy tenders with mashed potatoes and some Mardi Gras Mustard dipping sauce.. but as soon as i pull up, an employee’s voice comes thru the speaker and said “We’re closed until 1:30, all our machines are down”…. What the ?? I had no idea what that even meant, so i just drove off and went somewhere else.. but boy, it sure woulda been nice if they’d put up a temporary sign somewhere to save people the trouble , but nope they still had the neon ‘OPEN’ sign flashing out front…. I hope they got their “machines” fixed.

I'm guessing you aren't talking about the Hwy 73 location near I-10. That place was so bad it actually failed and was shut down for a few years until they reopened. It's been hit or miss since but generally not bad.
yea, it's right down the street from me. slow service, rarely have chicken ready. but haven't had a rude cashier.

but I still have a longing for the best fried chicken ever.. Jr Food Mart Creole Fried Chicken. one day I'm gonna travel a couple hours north and find one..

yea, it's right down the street from me. slow service, rarely have chicken ready. but haven't had a rude cashier.

but I still have a longing for the best fried chicken ever.. Jr Food Mart Creole Fried Chicken. one day I'm gonna travel a couple hours north and find one..
If you're willing to travel... Alton Brown says it's the best fried chicken he's ever had at the old country store off hwy 61 in Ms. It was very good although I wouldn't say best. I did enjoy the place as much for the time capsule and the owner signing for everyone.

Lately for me it has been more inconsistencies when it comes to the recipe and the chicken itself. I have bitten into the breast meat and had a rubbery texture that is very off putting. There is an Indian family that owns my local Popeyes and there is no such thing as spicy chicken. I can gob30minutes away and the chicken has an entirely different flavor. I really thought this process would be the same everywhere. The Indian family has countered with little seasoning packets they call "sparkles" but it doesn't really make a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom