Prediction: Comeback player of the year will be either Dak or Jameis (1 Viewer)

Now, who's gaslighting who?

Nah. If you're curious about my posting history and want to find something, then go do it and show it to the class. Otherwise don't make the comment. Unless you were talking about Clipse, then my bad.

Nah. If you're curious about my posting history and want to find something, then go do it and show it to the class. Otherwise don't make the comment.

Who said anything about your posting history?

What exactly would Winston be “coming back” from? …being a bad QB?

Prescott had suffered a major injury, but Winston just played himself out of a job by being so turnover prone and having a sketchy history of off-field issues..
So if Jameis plays at a high level, it's the literal definition of comeback player. Off field has jack diddly to do with this award.

The very best possible scenario would be a shared award. Jameis Winston and Kevin White co-comeback players of the year. How frickin cool would that be 🤠

I agree that it's far too early, but I doubt any of those gets a chance. Burrow would have to ball out and take *that* Bengals team to the playoffs, but he'd still get overshadowed if Dak does the same. Saquon or CMC would have to put videogame-like numbers to even enter consideration, and again it would be Dak's to lose. Matt Stafford would be coming back from... being a Lion, I guess? If he's in consideration, his votes go for OPOY or MVP in my opinion.

I actually recall Alex Smith being in the conversation much before WFT won the division. They really wanted to give it to him, again, because good narrative. Luckily for him, he got just enough playing time to get 98% of the votes.

And again, I agree that it's silly to discuss these things. It's pointless, but fun. :)
All these scenarios work with a huge assumption, that Dak continues to tear it up and the Cowboys aren't a bottow dwelling team.

The narrative that being on the Cowboys is advantageous to winning awards, that's not really true.
Last MVP- Emmit Smith in 1993 (Only Cowboy to ever win the award)
Offensive Player of the Year- DeMarco Murray in 2014 (Only time a Cowboy has won the award).
Defensive Player of the Year- 1977- Harvey Martin (Only time a Cowboy has won the award).
Comeback Player of the Year- Greg Ellis in 2007 (Only Cowboy to ever win the award).

I'd actually go the other way. It's hard to win an award playing for an organization that has been so bad for so long. Since 1997 they have won 3 playoff games and all of them in different seasons. Thats 24 years. Once every 8 years they win a single playoff game before losing the following week and going home despite playing in a conference that has been the weakest in the NFC over that same stretch. If I'm not mistaken, the only two teams with fewer wins over that stretch are the Browns and Bengals. The Bills only had 2 wins but at least they were in the same season. To show just how horrible that is, the Jets have won 7 playoff games over that same span. There are some really horrible franchises in the NFL. Hell, some of the owners aren't even trying to win and they have succeeded at a higher level than the Cowboys. Imagine if a Cowboy fan was born today, It would be the year 2045 before ever having seen his team advance past the Divisional playoff game. Plus he would have really high expectations for the current season while talking about how great they played the night before and still be the only team in the NFL with a loss. That's what it is like being a Cowboys fan and that does not bode well for winning awards.

All these scenarios work with a huge assumption, that Dak continues to tear it up and the Cowboys aren't a bottow dwelling team.

The narrative that being on the Cowboys is advantageous to winning awards, that's not really true.
Last MVP- Emmit Smith in 1993 (Only Cowboy to ever win the award)
Offensive Player of the Year- DeMarco Murray in 2014 (Only time a Cowboy has won the award).
Defensive Player of the Year- 1977- Harvey Martin (Only time a Cowboy has won the award).
Comeback Player of the Year- Greg Ellis in 2007 (Only Cowboy to ever win the award).

I'd actually go the other way. It's hard to win an award playing for an organization that has been so bad for so long. Since 1997 they have won 3 playoff games and all of them in different seasons. Thats 24 years. Once every 8 years they win a single playoff game before losing the following week and going home despite playing in a conference that has been the weakest in the NFC over that same stretch. If I'm not mistaken, the only two teams with fewer wins over that stretch are the Browns and Bengals. The Bills only had 2 wins but at least they were in the same season. To show just how horrible that is, the Jets have won 7 playoff games over that same span. There are some really horrible franchises in the NFL. Hell, some of the owners aren't even trying to win and they have succeeded at a higher level than the Cowboys. Imagine if a Cowboy fan was born today, It would be the year 2045 before ever having seen his team advance past the Divisional playoff game. Plus he would have really high expectations for the current season while talking about how great they played the night before and still be the only team in the NFL with a loss. That's what it is like being a Cowboys fan and that does not bode well for winning awards.
Great argument backed up by numbers! OK, I'll take a step back on my way too early hot take: it's Dak's award to lose, then. My thinking was not so much that he'd win by default for being a Cowboy, but that he'd keep in the limelight for being on """"America's Team"""". If the Cowboys offense is hot garbage Dak won't win it, but if they juuuuust miss the playoffs and their defense (hint-hint, Dan Quinn) is terrible I get the feeling that the narrative turns to Dak's great, team let him down. Point being, anyone else will have to be transcendental to have a shot at this, OR hold a media blitz to come up with a better narrative.

Don't go there, you know what you did. You couldn't resist throwing in "sketchy history of off-field issues.." which was unnecessary and has zero to do with him not winning this award and has zero to do with losing his job as a starting quarterback.

This whole putting your hands up in the air and pleading innocent every time you take a potshot at our quarterback is tiring. Just stop.
Don't even give it the time of day, my friend.

At this point, I don't think there is anything we or Jameis could do to make him stop. Saint Lattimore has an unhealthy obsession of hate for the guy.

I believe it was/is a legitimate question. I’m not going to try and deny that I am not a fan of Jameis Winston, but I really don’t understand how he could qualify for CPOTY based on how things have gone for him.
While usually it goes to a player that was injured the prior year and barely saw the field that is not a requirement. It can also go to any player that made a huge improvement over the prior season.

Great argument backed up by numbers! OK, I'll take a step back on my way too early hot take: it's Dak's award to lose, then. My thinking was not so much that he'd win by default for being a Cowboy, but that he'd keep in the limelight for being on """"America's Team"""". If the Cowboys offense is hot garbage Dak won't win it, but if they juuuuust miss the playoffs and their defense (hint-hint, Dan Quinn) is terrible I get the feeling that the narrative turns to Dak's great, team let him down. Point being, anyone else will have to be transcendental to have a shot at this, OR hold a media blitz to come up with a better narrative.
No need to back it up, I really don't care about the argument at hand. I just always write a paragraph about how terrible the Cowboys organization has been the past 2.5 decades anytime the opportunity presents itself.

The Cowboys suck!

Dak's got it in the bag & I'm glad for him. He's from around my neck of the woods. I've even seen him play a couple times when he was @ Haughton High. He's the lone reason I don't really hate the cowboys anymore, I just like the Saints better 😁

Jameis would be an awesome story as well tho & ppl who refuse to let him live his youthful indiscretions down should take a seat & hush. Gayle Benson decided to give him a chance so why are they still mad???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom