PSA - get your colonoscopy (4 Viewers)

Glad to report all good. One polyp removed see me in 5 yrs.

I think my biggest issue is that I have a vasovagal syncope...so I always work myself up and then pass out soon as they put IV in. Nurses were great and I didn't pass out. (Cold rag on neck, flat and freeze spray and a lot of chatting lol)

c'mon, you can't be tossing in softballs like this - i'm going to blame it on the anesthesia and give you a mulligan
lol I definitely needed to Google that and it was NOT what I expected.

In fact, my first thought was "Wow, I always thought efil4stnias was a guy!". I see the letters "vag" and this idiot automatically goes there 🤦‍♂️ .

Came across this article, it seems to have a lower early detection rate compared to the current options (Colonoscopies @ 95%, Cologuard @ 92%, FIT @ 74%)

but who knows, maybe the process can be refined over time

Guardant Health, a Silicon Valley company, has developed a DNA blood test called Shield it says can be prescribed by primary care doctors.

Guardant is seeking approval from the Food and Drug Administration, which has scheduled an advisory committee hearing on March 28.

Last year, Guardant released results from a study of 20,000 adults that showed the Shield test identified 83% of colon cancer cases across all stages of the disease. The study detected all late-stage cancers, while the test detected 55% of stage one cancers and 13% of precancerous polyps and other lesions.

Came across this article, it seems to have a lower early detection rate compared to the current options (Colonoscopies @ 95%, Cologuard @ 92%, FIT @ 74%)

but who knows, maybe the process can be refined over time

Guardant Health, a Silicon Valley company, has developed a DNA blood test called Shield it says can be prescribed by primary care doctors.

Guardant is seeking approval from the Food and Drug Administration, which has scheduled an advisory committee hearing on March 28.

Last year, Guardant released results from a study of 20,000 adults that showed the Shield test identified 83% of colon cancer cases across all stages of the disease. The study detected all late-stage cancers, while the test detected 55% of stage one cancers and 13% of precancerous polyps and other lesions.
I didn't realize Colorguard was that high. I did that and got a clean result last year.

this is the original source (much better quality)

You will do as you are instructed and unleash massive sheet upon command for testing due to you reaching the age of qualification where colon screening is required for all adults 45-50 and especially over the age of 50.

Failure to comply will not be tolerated. If you are lying, Cologuard will know instinctively and "pressure" compliance if need be.

But, seriously, I also believe that SNL skit was kind of subtle tongue-in-cheek humorous reference to Woody Harrelson's past heavy pot drug use and avowed activism for marijuana legalization because obviously, he was imagining or hallucinating that entire sequence of those talking Cologuard boxes as well as Keenan Ivory Thompson's UPS driver disgustingly urging him on as it wasnt really happening.

I didn't realize Colorguard was that high. I did that and got a clean result last year.
Dave FWIW, that SNL skit did a good job of subverting or hiding out this "hidden" references, but it was also subtlety making fun of Woody Harrelson's past pot use and legalization activism.

Yep - had mine two weeks ago.

I had been on a 3-year cycle (the old man died of colo-rectal cancer -- NOT a nice way to go), then went to a 5-year cycle when I was clear the last time. Four polyps this time - all benign but two pre-cancerous - so I'll be back on a 3-year rotation again.

Easy-peasy though, at least compared to dying of colon cancer or dealing with a colostomy bag. Get your colonoscopy - don't wait!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom