NFL Draft QB Jordan Love, Utah State (1 Viewer)

Makes no sense for us to draft Love when Teddy is out there for us. Love will take 1-2 years to be a competitive QB
Saints won't be able to sign Teddy if Brees returns this year.

Love won’t get past the Colts at 13.

I say we just draft Jordan Loving, the Southeastern Lions QB via LSU and Riverside Academy in Reserve... i mean, his name is really similar to Jordan Love, and he wore #9 at LSU immediately preceding some guy named Burreaux.

Jeez Louise, did this pic not age well...

40156FC5-B062-4B62-82E3-5CA5A6FAEE9E.jpeg

3rd round 24th pick, that's a ridiculous scenario.

Y'all get used to this name, because he is the heir apparent to Brees in 2 years.

Why is that? Many players drop unexpectedly in the draft. I didn’t think Michael Thomas had a shot whatsoever falling to the 47th pick in the 2nd round. Players drop all the time in the draft. I didn’t think Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino would fall as well.

Taysom Hill is more likely to be the heir apparent to Drew Brees over Jordan Love in the 1st round. Unless someone like Love would unexpectedly fall to us later in the draft, I don’t see us taking one in the first round. Jordan Love isn’t Patrick Mahomes. Love locks on to his primary target, doesn’t do a good job working through his progressions, and doesn’t see the field that great from what I’ve seen from him. I don’t see him as a first round talent, but I could be wrong. I say fringe first round talent

If I was gonna take a QB at 24, I would take Jacob Eason out of Washington if he was there. He’s my 4th best QB in this draft. Unless Love has a great work out for us and kills it in the film room, I trust coach.

Last edited:
Daniel Jeremiah is one of my favorite draft guys. He has Love 20th in his top 50. Says this about him:

"Love has ideal size, arm strength and athletic ability. He operates in the gun and he's very fluid and smooth in his setup. He throws from a variety of platforms and arm angles. The ball jumps out of his hand. He is at his best on skinny post drive throws and over the top deep balls. His decision making was very concerning this season. He forces too many balls into crowds and he doesn't ever give up on a play -- to a fault. His supporting cast isn't very good, but he still fell into too many bad habits. He uses his athletic ability to escape and extend plays, but there are occasions when he fails to climb and reset his feet. Overall, Love is a raw prospect who will need some time to develop. There is risk with him, but the payoff could be huge."

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098476/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-10

The key to me is Payton has never worked anyone this physically gifted at the position. If he could come in for a season and learn the offense under one of the best like Patrick Mahomes did?

That's awfully tempting.

It's that he is willing to throw into tight windows that I like the most. It's a common trait among every elite QB in the game today and in the past.

It suggest he could become a very good QB. Obviously, he has to be able to process quickly to become as good as we need. But you never really know until they get out there.

Another mock from someone who was at the Senior Bowl pegging Love to us.

For whatever reason, people who were at the senior bowl keep mocking him to us. Usually that’s because there’s some smoke (for whatever reason).

His accuracy drops greatly with pressure and has a tendency to focus on one receiver. Does not process well regarding which receiver he should throw to. Has immense arm talent though. Good choice is Brees decides to move on, as this is a late first round choice.

That sounds just like Hurt, who I would love to have for Taysom's role. I don't think Love would shine in that role, but could make a starting QB someday with lots of seasoning.

Lot of steam about Love. I imagine his stock will only rise as time passes as more and more teams fall in love with a guy with upside.

By the way, have you guys decided what QB's you are keeping?
We'll trade Cousins to you for whoever you don't want.

Lot of steam about Love. I imagine his stock will only rise as time passes as more and more teams fall in love with a guy with upside.

By the way, have you guys decided what QB's you are keeping?
We'll trade Cousins to you for whoever you don't want.

I thought his contract was up for some reason.

Like the LSU game. I feel like i learn more about a quarterback in their worst games than their best ones.
He screams third round talent with his low completion rate and high interceptions. I hope this isnt the beginning of a yearly Payton reach to find someone to take Brees's place.

Obv I am not alone in thinking he might be the guy Payton wants post-Brees.
Just hope he lasts to 24 if he blows up in the testing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom