Ranking All 16 Projected Starting QBs in the NFC for 2024 (4 Viewers)

but winning is a team stat, not a QB stat.

I acknowledge that Hurts is effective at running the ball, to me Hurts = Justin Fields. If Fields had Philli's coaching staff and roster the Eagles still look the same. You put hurts in chicago, and he's a gadget player in Pittsburg next season.
If winning was a “team stat” then QBs would not have any kind of record as a starter. Funny how QBs are tied to a “team stat”, yet no other skill position is tied to that stat. Hmmmmm……I wonder why that is???🤔🤔🤔

Let’s try something else. Where do you rank Hurts in the entire NFL crop of QBs? What number? Being that you said DC4 was better (sorry DC4 outperformed Hurts and Hurts is the most overhyped QB you’ve seen in some time-your words). I’m expecting you to place Hurts somewhere in the 21-26 range right?

Last edited:
So many tiers above a guy who led his team to the Super Bowl??? Can’t make this stuff up🤣🤣🤣
Lamar Jackson is several tiers above Jimmy G, who lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl, the same 49ers that went 5 years later with QB Brock Purdy. How lucky the poor 49ers were to have those elite QBs led those TEAMS to the super bowl. Thank goodness for Russell Wilson, or else the legion of boom never would have made it to the Super bowl!

There is a huge list of QB that "led" their team to the super bowl that Jackson is several tiers better than:
Cam Newton
Rex Grossman
Matt Hassellbeck
Jake Delhomme
Brad Johnson
Kerry Collins
Trent Dilfer

I could go on, but I'll stop. Your point is not as strong as you think it is. Quarterback greatness is not measured merely in wins and super bowls. Ask Dan Marino. Ask Archie Manning.

Sure it is a part of the conversation when you start ranking GOATs, but you are placing too much importance on team accomplishments for QB comparisons.

Lamar Jackson is several tiers above Jimmy G, who lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl, the same 49ers that went 5 years later with QB Brock Purdy. How lucky the poor 49ers were to have those elite QBs led those TEAMS to the super bowl. Thank goodness for Russell Wilson, or else the legion of boom never would have made it to the Super bowl!

There is a huge list of QB that "led" their team to the super bowl that Jackson is several tiers better than:
Cam Newton
Rex Grossman
Matt Hassellbeck
Jake Delhomme
Brad Johnson
Kerry Collins
Trent Dilfer

I could go on, but I'll stop. Your point is not as strong as you think it is. Quarterback greatness is not measured merely in wins and super bowls. Ask Dan Marino. Ask Archie Manning.

Sure it is a part of the conversation when you start ranking GOATs, but you are placing too much importance on team accomplishments for QB comparisons.
You know darn well those QBs were game managers, excluding Cam Newton. They were not the reason why their teams were winning. Stay on task. Hurts has been a huge reason why his team has had success the past few years and you know that, you are just choosing to not be a realist, but a hater. Oh and Purdy is a darn good QB. He’s actually ranked waaaaaaaay higher on every website’s QB rankings than DC4 as well.

You say my point is not as strong as I think it is????
You are the one saying DC4 is better than so many guys, that the entire world has ranked higher than him? 🤣🤣🤣. Are you sure I’m the one that’s off target here?
Show me a ranking where DC4 is even in the top 20????
I
Will
Wait

Last edited:
If winning was a “team stat” then QBs would not have any kind of record as a starter. Funny how QBs are tied to a “team stat”, yet no other skill position is tied to that stat. Hmmmmm……I wonder why that is???🤔🤔🤔

Let’s try something else. Where do you rank Hurts in the entire NFL crop of QBs? What number?
I don't think wins and losses should be associated to anyone but the team. Just applying it to the QB has always been stupid.

Cam Newton
giphy.gif

Nothing is wrong with that; we saw a QB go through the playoffs and win the SB being a game manager...
That is not the issue here. No one ever thought Brad Johnson, Rex Grossman, etc were great QBs bc we all knew how insanely great their defenses were. Historically great defenses and such. Jalen Hurts is not tied to a historically great defense. Even in 2022 they finished 6th in defense and throughout the season, the offense bailed them out many times, with a top 5 offense.
In terms of Lamar, his biggest knock is that he can’t get his team to the SB. For how insanely great he is, he has yet to give his team a shot at the Chip. However, in 3 years, that guy in Philly not only gave his team a chance, but they also had a great chance at winning it, against the team that Lamar’s team can not seem to get past. Anyone who would take DC4 over Hurts, should get their head examined ASAP

Show me a ranking where DC4 is even in the top 20????
I
Will
Wait
13th in passing yards
7th in completions
10th in passing TDs
6th in Completion percentage
5th in Int percentage
10th in Rating

You know, actual QB metrics.

13th in passing yards
7th in completions
10th in passing TDs
5th in Int percentage
10th in Rating

Show me the QB rankings. You can not do it and I know you can’t bc I’ve already checked them all🤣✌️
Seems like you don’t even know what a ranking is😬

Show me the QB rankings. You can not do it and I know you can’t bc I’ve already checked them all🤣✌️
you mean subjective individual rankings that don't use any scientific method in it's ranking and ignores statistical rankings?

That's what you think is the best metric to argue who is a better QB? 🤣✌️

G
T
F
O
H

13th in passing yards
7th in completions
10th in passing TDs
5th in Int percentage
10th in Rating

Wait....we care about QB metrics NOW???

So you are not going to give any credence to Hurt’s ability to make plays with his legs??? Ok, let’s play this game. If DC4 had the ability to be mobile, then we would’ve not been sitting ducks, when the defenses sending blitzes on 3rd downs……..resulting in almost guaranteed sacks. You can’t just dismiss a huge part of Jalen’s game. Dude accounted for 4,400 yards and 38 TDs. Are yall serious?
As a running back, that throws the ball, dude is unreal. As a QB, he's just another guy that without his movement skills, he's not playing in the NFL. Same could be said for Jackson. Or Hill. Or, or, or, or....and to a certain extent, Rogers. He's not near the QB he used to be, because his ability to extend plays with his legs is diminished.

I'm just not a fan of the one, MAYBE two reads and run QBs. Never have been, never will be. /shrug

With all due respect to everyone's thoughts, Fields got a raw deal in Chicago. Before the new regime arrived, any QB selected by the Bears was set up to fail. Matt Naggy should be commended for making Mitchell Tribusky a functional QB and getting to the playoffs two times with him.

95 Percent of a quarterback's success will be based on where they land.

Last edited:
With all due respect to everyone's thoughts, Fields got a raw deal in Chicago. Before the new regime arrived, any QB selected by the Bears was set up to fail. Matt Naggy should be commended for making Mitchell Tribusky a functional QB and getting to the players two times with him.

95 Percent of a quarterback's success will be based on where they land.
Truth.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom