Ranking All 16 Projected Starting QBs in the NFC for 2024 (1 Viewer)

So you would take DC4 over all of those guys that led their teams to the playoffs?

1717459401332.gif
They didn’t lead their teams to the playoffs. They were on teams that made it to the playoffs. Also I meant Murray not Hurtz.

Year before last, Hurts led his team to the Super Bowl. Most likely could’ve won, had he not had that costly fumble to give KC new life. How is DC4 better, when he has yet to lead us into the playoffs? You do realize that if you said that, in a bar full of non-Saints fans, no one would take you seriously right?!?! Better yet, show me 1 ranking, from any sports website, that has DC4 ranked above Jalen Hurts. I’ll wait
i never said he was better. i just said it’s not as laughable as it would have been his super bowl year. Hurts was just not the same player last year and struggled throwing the ball with awesome weapons. i have 2 die hard eagle fans in my family and they both hate him. they think the league has figured him out a little and doesn’t throw it well enough. Carr has had nothing but headaches his whole career with it seems like 100 coaching changes. put him in any great franchise and he makes the playoffs plenty

They didn’t lead their teams to the playoffs. They were on teams that made it to the playoffs. Also I meant Murray not Hurtz.
Wow, just wow…….it is not like any one of those teams fielded historically great defenses or something, and those QBs were just “game managers”. Look, some of yall really need to stop dismissing what other team’s players accomplish. Hurts, Baker, and Love played well enough to get their teams into the playoffs. It really is that simple. It’s A-O-K to give other people credit and to be a realist.

i never said he was better. i just said it’s not as laughable as it would have been his super bowl year. Hurts was just not the same player last year and struggled throwing the ball with awesome weapons. i have 2 die hard eagle fans in my family and they both hate him. they think the league has figured him out a little and doesn’t throw it well enough. Carr has had nothing but headaches his whole career with it seems like 100 coaching changes. put him in any great franchise and he makes the playoffs plenty
While Hurts did not have a 2023 season like his 2022 season, he was still plenty good enough to win enough to get his team into the playoffs. He guided his team to a 10-1 record through the first 11 games, until that team self destructed. Objectively speaking, DC4 (along with our offense), didn’t click until the final 5 games or so. So how does that mean DC4 played better than Hurts? It makes no sense. Plus, you can’t just use hypotheticals, to jump a player in rankings. If you say DC4 would be a top 5/10 QB “IF” he was instantly inserted on a good team, with stability and such, then you have to do that for a lot of other QBs. That is not how that goes. We are all Saints fans and we all want to see DC4 be the best, or one of the best QBs in the entire NFL, but we can not do that, unless his play leads us to success.

I like the top 7. 8-11 you can order in any way and have an argument. Same with 12-16.

Theres 3 tiers. Carr is in the 2nd tier. He will finish in the 2nd tier. Its just who he is. 10 years is enough of a sample size.

LULZ…….to everyone saying DC4 is better than Hurts. I am a huge DC4 fan, but yall seriously need to stay off drugs
While I don't necessarily disagree, and the body of work shows that Hurts has a ceiling higher than Carr, Jalen was pretty mediocre last year with a stacked roster. This is a big year for him to prove that he's not another RG3.

Some of the rankings were a little shocking at first, but on further review I really can't argue. If I could pick only 1 to change a few places it would be Jayden Daniels, whom I can't imagine being the worst QB in the NFC.

While I don't necessarily disagree, and the body of work shows that Hurts has a ceiling higher than Carr, Jalen was pretty mediocre last year with a stacked roster. This is a big year for him to prove that he's not another RG3.
Hurt’s ceiling has already reached a higher ceiling than DC4’s best year. Hurts has led his team to the playoffs every year that he was the starter for the full season. He took over a crap team that won 4 games in 2020. I read the “ifs” for DC4, about being in a terrible situation, but taking over a 4 win team is also a bad situation. One of the guys has turned his team around, we are still waiting for the other one to do the same.
If I asked you (in a blind reveal) which QB would you take:
1.) a QB that has 4 winning seasons in 10 years total

Or

2.) a QB that has 3 winning seasons in 3 years total, with a Super Bowl appearance.

If your answer is number 1, then I can’t help you there.

Now, this does not mean that DC4 can not outplay higher ranked QBs or lead us to better success this coming year or the year after. What the ranking is highlighting, is what has already happened previously, going into this year. So, by the end of next season, DC4 can jump everyone on the list, but he cannot be higher than how he actually performed leading up to this year.

Some of the rankings were a little shocking at first, but on further review I really can't argue. If I could pick only 1 to change a few places it would be Jayden Daniels, whom I can't imagine being the worst QB in the NFC.
JD5 hasn't played a down in the league yet.
"With all due respect"

Mark Jackson

Hurt’s ceiling has already reached a higher ceiling than DC4’s best year. Hurts has led his team to the playoffs every year that he was the starter for the full season. He took over a crap team that won 4 games in 2020. I read the “ifs” for DC4, about being in a terrible situation, but taking over a 4 win team is also a bad situation. One of the guys has turned his team around, we are still waiting for the other one to do the same.
If I asked you (in a blind reveal) which QB would you take:
1.) a QB that has 4 winning seasons in 10 years total

Or

2.) a QB that has 3 winning seasons in 3 years total, with a Super Bowl appearance.

If your answer is number 1, then I can’t help you there.

Now, this does not mean that DC4 can not outplay higher ranked QBs or lead us to better success this coming year or the year after. What the ranking is highlighting, is what has already happened previously, going into this year. So, by the end of next season, DC4 can jump everyone on the list, but he cannot be higher than how he actually performed leading up to this year.
All of that is fair, and doesn't conflict with anything I've said, but I would also point out that Carr has not played with a roster as loaded across the board as what Hurts has had to work with the last few years, not to mention the quality of coaching. Also, if you can't see/admit that Hurts was literally carried by his team at certain points last year to that 10-1 start, then we simply watch football a different way. Hurts still has a lot to prove this year.

Wow, just wow…….it is not like any one of those teams fielded historically great defenses or something, and those QBs were just “game managers”. Look, some of yall really need to stop dismissing what other team’s players accomplish. Hurts, Baker, and Love played well enough to get their teams into the playoffs. It really is that simple. It’s A-O-K to give other people credit and to be a realist.
I agree some played well enough that their teams made it to the playoffs. I would rank Hurts above Carr. But I would not take Mayfield, Love, or Murray over Carr.

All of that is fair, and doesn't conflict with anything I've said, but I would also point out that Carr has not played with a roster as loaded across the board as what Hurts has had to work with the last few years, not to mention the quality of coaching. Also, if you can't see/admit that Hurts was literally carried by his team at certain points last year to that 10-1 start, then we simply watch football a different way. Hurts still has a lot to prove this year.
We must view it differently bc the first 3 games, they were getting great production from Swift. They veered away from the RB ground game sometime after that. Hurts was playing extremely well for the next 8 games, with timely 1st down runs, and vulturing TDs at a high clip. Their defense had good moments but their secondary was highly suspect. They played a good bit of suspect teams, and they also played future playoff teams that were playing poorly. They won those games and even beat some winning teams that they played. The goal is to win games and that is what they did in the 1st 11 games. I’ll admit that they, along with Hurts self destructed the last 6 games, but they still got into the playoffs. Which is the goal for all 32 teams. Our QB, along with our team, did not do enough to get us there. Hurts was still better than DC4, even if some think it was by a slim margin. So, therefore he should be ranked higher than DC4, going into this season. Hence, why DC4 is not ranked higher than Hurts on any rankings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom