Ranking All 16 Projected Starting QBs in the NFC for 2024 (2 Viewers)

As a running back, that throws the ball, dude is unreal. As a QB, he's just another guy that without his movement skills, he's not playing in the NFL. Same could be said for Jackson. Or Hill. Or, or, or, or....and to a certain extent, Rogers. He's not near the QB he used to be, because his ability to extend plays with his legs is diminished.

I'm just not a fan of the one, MAYBE two reads and run QBs. Never have been, never will be. /shrug
Yall are severely diminishing what these mobile QBs are these days. These guys are more than just RBs masquerading as QBs. These boys can actually rip the pigskin. The QB position has evolved and it’s OK to admit it. You don’t have to like it, but you have to give them credit. They are QBs.

As a running back, that throws the ball, dude is unreal. As a QB, he's just another guy that without his movement skills, he's not playing in the NFL. Same could be said for Jackson. Or Hill. Or, or, or, or....and to a certain extent, Rogers. He's not near the QB he used to be, because his ability to extend plays with his legs is diminished.

I'm just not a fan of the one, MAYBE two reads and run QBs. Never have been, never will be. /shrug
You think one or two reads are just limited to running QBs? When most offenses are schemed around playmakers (the dink and dunk for YAC), you'll see that more QBs than you realize are in offenses where more than 2 reads isn't really necessary, nor can they "process" as fast as people think, because they are usually the ones you see running around all the time...lol

Thats a pretty subjective topic/list. If its meant to be a projection, you did well my putting the rookies last and Murray towards the back of the pack. I think you can put Darnold all the way in the back because theres a good chance he's nothing but a spot starter early in the season, if that even.

Stafford, Geno, Love, Mayfield, and Carr are pretty much interchangeable, in the middle of the pack. I do think Love could be on the rise this year, but he could just as easily flop. Kyler needs to be near young because of similar stature. They dont have the size needed to absorb many NFL hits and hes already missed a lot of time to injury as proof of that. Stafford will have good games here and there, but to me he looks like a QB on his way out.

Cousins coming back from an achilles??? is a big question mark. He doesnt have anythink like a Jefferson in atlanta.

Carr could surprise some folks. I think the last five games last season are more what we should get from him than what we saw the rest of the season. He hasnt won me over yet, but I'll at least give him that. Have to hope olave doesnt start the year slow again and that some other receiver steps up as a dependable chain mover. That and/or this "system" everybody keeps talking about works well for the personnel we currently have on the roster. Id put him in the top 8 with the possibility of being a little better than that.

13th in passing yards
7th in completions
10th in passing TDs
6th in Completion percentage
5th in Int percentage
10th in Rating

You know, actual QB metrics.
How many QB's got hurt last year that would have impacted these numbers? You dont think Burrow, Cousins, Herbert, Kyler would have surpassed him in his numbers? Can't just look at total numbers in a season because it can be deceiving. All 4 of those guys have consistently outproduced Carr.

Yall are severely diminishing what these mobile QBs are these days. These guys are more than just RBs masquerading as QBs. These boys can actually rip the pigskin. The QB position has evolved and it’s OK to admit it. You don’t have to like it, but you have to give them credit. They are QBs.

38 players have started a game at QB throughout Saints History.

Taysom Hill has the Highest Winning Record Percentage as a Starter at .777 (7 wins/2 losses) of any QB in Saints History who has started at least 9 career games as a Saints QB, the 4th highest QB rating in Saints History at 89.4, behind Brees, Carr, Dalton (minimum 9 starts), and the highest Yards Per Attempt in Saints History All-Time at 12.3 of any Saint QB with at least 1 career start. As a runner Hill is the 2nd All-Time Saints Career Leader in Yards Per Attempt at 5.4, trailing only Archie Manning at 5.8 (minimum 300 carries).

Stating facts with stats like that isn't just whistling Dixie, so one would think.

For years I've come here and have been told that Hill was not an NFL QB because he locked on to his initial read and had trouble scanning the field to find his 2nd, much less 3rd read, before pulling the ball down and running with it.

That narrative has been stated by many here and quite often in the past.

Has someone been gaslighting me all this time?

Today I come here to find that a poster that I have respect for has made a case that the NFL game of football has evolved at the QB position to the point where a mobile QB that doesn't stay in the pocket past his first or second read before taking off running can be considered a good NFL QB, one That Deserves Respect.

Just Wow! It's never too late to learn something new in life if you are open minded enough to allow it and/or accept it. It can even happen here at SR.

So, for Hill it may be a case of what could have been under different circumstances and the ship having now sailed with this organization; His value being greater to the team as the Swiss Army Knife playing multiple roles and positions instead of just one as a QB. We'll never know for sure. The hands of time cannot be rewound.

What can't be denied is that every QB whose had a career winning record of 7 wins and only 2 losses or better to start their career (and most who have had a much worse start) has had more opportunities to start more than 9 games in their career.

That's indisputable.

Last edited:
38 players have started a game at QB throughout Saints History.

Taysom Hill has the Highest Winning Record Percentage as a Starter at .777 (7 wins/2 losses) of any QB in Saints History who has started at least 9 career games as a Saints QB, the 4th highest QB rating in Saints History at 89.4, behind Brees, Carr, Dalton (minimum 9 starts), and the highest Yards Per Attempt in Saints History All-Time at 12.3 of any Saint QB with at least 1 career start. As a runner Hill is the 2nd All-Time Saints Career Leader in Yards Per Attempt at 5.4, trailing only Archie Manning at 5.8 (minimum 300 carries).

Stating facts with stats like that isn't just whistling Dixie, so one would think.

For years I've come here and have been told that Hill was not an NFL QB because he locked on to his initial read and had trouble scanning the field to find his 2nd, much less 3rd read, before pulling the ball down and running with it.

That narrative has been stated by many here and quite often in the past.

Has someone been gaslighting me all this time?

Today I come here to find that a poster that I have respect for has made a case that the NFL game of football has evolved at the QB position to the point where a mobile QB that doesn't stay in the pocket past his first or second read before taking off running can be considered a good NFL QB, one That Deserves Respect.

Just Wow! It's never too late to learn something new in life if you are open minded enough to allow it and/or accept it. It can even happen here at SR.

So, for Hill it may be a case of what could have been under different circumstances and the ship having now sailed with this organization; His value being greater to the team as the Swiss Army Knife playing multiple roles and positions instead of just one as a QB. We'll never know for sure. The hands of time cannot be rewound.

What can't be denied is that every QB whose had a career winning record of 7 wins and only 2 losses or better to start their career (and most who have had a much worse start) has had more opportunities to start more than 9 games in their career.

That's indisputable.
Tebow had a winning record as a QB in the NFL, too....stats don't lie, right?

Answer: sometimes they do.

Tebow had a winning record as a QB in the NFL, too....stats don't lie, right?

Answer: sometimes they do.

Facts over Stats....Tebow couldn't hold Hills jock. There will never be a display in Canton featuring Tim. He washed out of the league after only 3 years.

Comparing pure passing statistics as NFL starting QBs:

While Tebow did have a winning record as a QB in the NFL after 14 games at 8-6, his winning percentage was .571 compared to Hill at .777

Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn as a passer. His completion percentage was 47.9 compared to Hill at 64.1

Tim had a mere 6.7 yards per attempt in his career while Taysom has a Saints Franchise Leading 7.9 yards per attempt.

Tebow doesn't hold any franchise records as a passer, nor does he rank top 10 in any category, unlike Hill, who does.

My post stated that "Every other NFL QB that had a winning record of 7-2 or better after starting 9 games was given a chance to start again."

Tebow doesn't fit that criterion.

Who Else You Got?

NFL Fact or Fiction: Tim Tebow Is the Most Overrated QB in the NFL​

The numbers, well, aren't pretty for Tim Tebow.

For his career, Tebow is completing 48 percent of his passes. In 2011, Tebow is completing 46.4 percent of his passes, which ranks him No. 48 among all NFL quarterbacks who have thrown a pass.

Those percentages are paltry, considering Tebow also only averages 5.5 yards per pass attempt. According to statistics from NFL.com, Tebow is even inaccurate on shorter passes.

Link To Source/Full Article Below:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom