Ryan Nielsen now STAYING with Saints. Not going to LSU (1 Viewer)

Lol
Good. Tell that school up in BR to go poach somebody else’s coaches.
This is bad as the coach supervised a very underachieving group on the defense. Losing Glenn to Detroit will be devastating to the saints.

Exactly! I highly doubt, the Saints would not allow any coach to seek out a better opportunity. The fact he got a NFL coaching promotion, is why he did not leave. But LSU faithful, would like to believe the Saints hosed them. The drama. PLEASE!
Most LSU people believe any lies pumped out of the school's propaganda department. I don't believe he was ever coming to LSU and Ed and Co. put out lies to cover for the mess they have created with the so called search.

Last edited:
This is bad as the coach supervised a very underachieving group on the defense. Losing Glenn to Detroit will be devastating to the saints.
Wait, are you saying the DL underachieved this year? You either didn’t watch this season or you have no idea how to analyze football. Bye

I'm not sure how LSU didn't know what was in his contract. I would think they would find that out before talking to somebody

As far as LSU next season, the Title IX investigation results are coming out like in February. Until that comes out, I wouldn't want to take a coaching job at LSU. Not sure who's gonna be there until that smoke clears.
I'm not sure how people think LSU didn't know what was in his contact. From the very beginning of this it was reported that LSU and his agent were discussing how to get out of the contract. They knew, otherwise what were they discussing? As for the Title IX investigation, this all occurred under Alleva and before Orgeron was HBC. Verge Ausberry would be the only one left I would think gets the ax over this and they're still sending him out to do radio shows once a week. That doesn't strike me as behavior showing a lot of concern for how guilty Verge might look. I'm willing to bet nothing comes of it outside of changing some processes, naming a new person in charge of investigations and declaring the matter resolved because the house was basically cleaned after the events.

Terrible, but you know that's how this works.

Most LSU people believe any lies pumped out of the school's propaganda department. I don't believe he was ever coming to LSU and Ed and Co. put out lies to cover for the mess they have created with the so called search.
It's pretty well documented that Nielsen told Payton on Monday that he was taking the LSU job after his agent had been working with LSU on a contract. He wants to be a HBC and working in the SEC where his boss won't block him from interviews is a great way to do it.

The Saints block coaches. They did it with Glenn and the Bengals. They did it with Nielsen and USC. They did it with Brendan Nugent who is an assistant OL coach. They even blocked Ryan Pace from interviews before he took the Bears job. It's what they do because they're in the business of grooming talent to benefit their business and not everyone else's. It's just business.

Also, "Assistant Head Coach" is just a title. It's not an actual promotion. It's just a way to signal to others that you value the person with the title and to justify a pay increase. He doesn't have Assistant Head Coach duties, unless of course Sean gets himself suspended again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom