Saints and State close to lease extension/major renovation (3 Viewers)

I didn’t see this posted. Figured I’d share.

Looks like some things many of us have been asking for.

The most dramatic feature of the work would be re-imagined entry lobbies at the corners of the stadium along Poydras Street and Champions Square.

Other features include:

• Removal of the sideline pedestrian ramps leading fans to the loge, club/suite and terrace levels of the building, and replacing them with additional escalators.
  • New east and west sideline club lounges.
  • Expanded 300 level luxury box suites.
  • New end zone field level box suites.
  • Expanded plaza, loge and terrace level concourses.
  • New end-zone corner standing-room-only viewing decks.
  • Expanded team store, retail outlets and Saints Hall of Fame.
  • New visiting team locker room.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a 20-25 year deal but I guess this will do.

Yeah, I am not too crazy about it only being a 10 year extension for that kind of investment.

Makes me nervous. There’s no succession plan I’m aware of. Gayle would be 87 years old at the end of that deal.

Glad to hear there was an extension. But i’m Not sure I like the idea of getting rid of the ramps. The ramps move lots of people relatively quickly. I just think escalators will probably get backed up. I know they do in the Smoothie King Center with a lot less people. Plus I have a lot of great memories going up and down those ramps as a kid and then watching my kids go up and down those ramps. Maybe I’m just nitpicking. I really do like that they are continuing to update the Dome and that the Saints will be here thru at least 2035.

Yeah, I am not too crazy about it only being a 10 year extension for that kind of investment.

What were you expecting? A deal to 2080? We have nothing to worry about until 2035. We probably have one of the best agreements in the NFL.

Would you rather be the Falcons with the deadbeat PSL owners right now?

We are in good shape!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom