Saints and State close to lease extension/major renovation (1 Viewer)

Nothing is guaranteed...for any of us. I’d like to know the plan.

Rest assure the three R’s will not have any say. They are done. As for the plan you likely won't know till Gayle is in the sky. Some things are sworn into secrecy.

Last edited:
Not sure I'm on board with the whole SRO idea. That's going to kick a nice chunk of current STHs out of their seats.

Not sure I'm on board with the whole SRO idea. That's going to kick a nice chunk of current STHs out of their seats.

They can adjust that like they did when they moved the Press Box to top of Terrace. If anything it will help eliminate some of the bandwagon Visiting team/StubHub tickets, Move the STH is those seats. I actually like the little standing room 300 club at the Pelicans games(SKC).

Anyway this is what looks like at a Cowboys game. EEEEEKKKKK

1512422769_8158862.jpg

Last edited:
They can adjust that like they did when they moved the Press Box to top of Terrace. If anything it will help eliminate some of the bandwagon Visiting team/StubHub tickets, Move the STH is those seats. I actually like the little standing room 300 club at the Pelicans games(SKC).

1512422769_8158862.jpg
That's like watching it on TV, except with a reeeeallyy lifelike surround system. Not sure I'd dish out money to just stand there and not see the field.

The additional positives for this is the increased interest and satisfaction the renovations will ultimately give to other sports/entertainment entities that are planning on using the Superdome moving forward (for example, I've heard WWE is looking to plant a few more Wrestlemania weekends in NOLA).

Holy jumping Batman, they spent all that money on that stadium, and THAT'S the best they could come up with for the folks not staring at the giant screens? If it's going to be that big anyway, just bite the damn bullet and build it into a 4-way "I" or just a perfectly square 4-way screen (that'd be preferable). Was Jerry even trying?

Surely they are putting new seats in the terrace, even though I don't see it listed.

I am just glad it is a mix of state, Saints and development commission money -- thos days when state governments (especially in a dirt-poor state like La.) should get shaken down for the whole stadium tab are and should be long gone.

On the other hand, the Dome is also an iconic landmark and remains very much a multi-use facility in a city particularly dependent on tourism, so you can also rationally justify the investment of some state funds to maintain it, like a port or a cargo terminal or an airport or some other piece of infrastructure specifically relevant to a given local economy.

Just a little odd to see a common-sense, consensus plan come out of Louisiana, that's all.... :hihi:

What were you expecting? A deal to 2080? We have nothing to worry about until 2035. We probably have one of the best agreements in the NFL.

Would you rather be the Falcons with the deadbeat PSL owners right now?

We are in good shape!
I was expecting more than 10 years obviously. If I recall, the last extension was 15 years or so and the investment was about $100 million. For a $300 million investment, I would have expected 15-20 years.

I was expecting more than 10 years obviously. If I recall, the last extension was 15 years or so and the investment was about $100 million. For a $300 million investment, I would have expected 15-20 years.

We still have best deal in NFL but I guess some people are so spoiled. Swimmer can we get Pete’s input?:giggle:

I hate this trend of removing seats and lowering capacity to add suites and gimmicks like SRO areas. The dome will probably go from 73k capacity to somewhere in the 60s.

I hate this trend of removing seats and lowering capacity to add suites and gimmicks like SRO areas. The dome will probably go from 73k capacity to somewhere in the 60s.
Won’t the standing room only increase attendance? I’ve always assumed that’s how the Cowboys managed 90k a game. That and it’s the cheapest tickets.

1512422769_8158862.jpg

I can't imagine paying that much money to stand there an watch a screen. You'd be better off tailgating outside.

To those who said Gayle could not run two franchises. Eat crow now!
I don’t think anyone has been saying she can’t run two franchises. There’s a plethora of owners that own multiple franchises.
The problem is that the Saints do take up the majority of the city’s sports life even during the offseason. The support for the Saints is so strong that it affects support for the Pelicans.

I can't imagine paying that much money to stand there an watch a screen. You'd be better off tailgating outside.
SRO tickets are only about 15-20 bucks from what I’ve heard.
You’re just getting the experience of being in the building during the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom