Saints at the top of Davante Adams’ wish list [“Saints might just be the favorite” per Fowler; Saints not agreeing on draft pick comp yet] (60 Viewers)

It is not debatable. The Saints scored the 3rd highest point total in the first 2 games in NFL history. They'd have scored more if they let off the 4th quarter.

Because a "top 5 WR" (top 5 in what?) doesn't make the team better, when the QB has 2-3 defenders on top of him, and the team primarily runs the ball.
It is debatable and you are still not addressing the point.

No one is debating what the bigger needs are.

There is no player available that fills those needs currently and makes the team better.

Adams, regardless of need priority, looks to be available and without question makes the team better.

That’s the discussion. We don’t disagree on what the bigger needs are.

I’m also not advocating that we go all in on Adams. I wasn’t all in on Simmons either. But the Saints made a play for him outside of bigger needs. I’ve stated that I think if he’s traded he goes to the Jets. But I do see a case for the Saints pulling the trigger given the right deal.

So many times you hear about a great player looking to be traded. But the cost is too much for the Saints. Then that player gets traded for a 6th round pick and a conditional 2035 7th rounder or something like that. Why can’t that happen for us?
Of course, the Raiders might still be mad about us not trading for Carr so they had to cut him and we were able to pick him up without compensation to the Raiders.

That's a fair point about the Carr situation. I know their fans are angry about it, but I'm not sure if the Raiders' front office thinks the same.

I don't think the Saints were playing that game, but I do think Carr wanted to wait to become a free agent both because he wanted to pick his team and because he didn't want the Raiders to get compensation. And in the end that was the deal the Raiders negotiated so they shouldn't be mad at him for abiding by the contract.

Don’t get me wrong, was totally against any Lattimore trade discussions at the start of the season, but there sure was a lot of talk about it
If we are going to end up losing him anyway l would like to get something good in return

the Raiders wont trade him to the AFC. He'll be traded to the NFC. Do we want him or do we want to face him, is the question.
They'll trade him whereever they can get the best deal. AFC vs NFC does not matter. By the time the Raiders are ready to compete again, Adams will likely be retired or ineffective.

That's fair but Adebo is in the final year of his deal and it's doubtful the Saints re-sign him with Alonte Taylor and Kool-Aid under contract as well as Latt. Plus the Saints really like Payton too. Trading Adebo is more of a value for value trade and why do it? Well, we need the Raiders to eat a large chunk of Adams' salary and the talking heads say they want a 2nd round pick.

I believe we will let Adebo walk next year but unless we're ready to start Payton if/when Lattimore gets hurt again, we can't trade adebo this year.

Adams has to redo the future 35M/yr deal. Remember when an aging WR caught the injury bug and we couldn’t move on from his 19M/yr?

I did.

Whether there is an available player in a position of need or not is irrelevant.

What's relevant, a "top 5 WR" (again, top 5 in what?) is not going to improve anything if the QB doesn't see him because 2 players who blew past the center are running straight at him and he's running for his life, and a primarily running team can't run the ball.

Nope, pass. That contract is toxic and we need to get the house in order for our next coach.

Only way i take this deal, is if the Raiders convert his salary to bonus with void years and they eat the cap hit.

I am very much addressing the point, you just don't want to hear it.

There is no player available that fills those needs currently and makes the team better.

Adams, regardless of need priority, looks to be available and without question makes the team better.
How? Tell me how does Adams make the team better?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom