Saints back in Jackson! (1 Viewer)

Thanks yall! Now Todd, if somebody at camp asks you if you are indeed "Todd" or your other name, admit to it! :)

Thanks for the recap Tony. I was looking forward to them possibly being in Metarie this year, but looks like I'll have to schedule another trip to Jackson. I-55 here I come in July. Who Dat!

Or back at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux!!

I wish they would to. I was never able to take off work to watch them practice. Now I can :idunno: I guess since they are slightly better, they are too good for us :(

I was wondering guys and gals, I want to go to Jackson this year to see the Saints practice but I would like to get a few signatures. Drew Brees especially! Are there any guarantees to getting signatures and meeting the players? Like are there times set aside that they will be signing autographs or is it just luck that I can catch one of them walking off of the practice field?

My advice is to go when it is in the 100s. I went on the hottest day of camp and they cut practice early. I was able to get coach p and Brees. They originally had the rookies out there but coach p's son was throwing the football so he went out there and everyone heckled Brees to come sign. No defensive players for some reason. Mckenzie was right by me and was saying we were true fans for being out there in that heat and some kid asked for his autograph and he said "after practice little man" and never came back. Oh yeah and sit by the water cooler.

Guess I won't make the camp again this year, unless they schedule some open evening practices. How do so many people take off of work so often?

Jerry, my office is less than 10 minutes from there. With the kind of work I do, I accumulate a lot of comp time. We have to use it or we lose it. So there you go. I always go in the evenings with my son. Not all of them are open, but a majority of them are.

it is a crap shoot for autographs but here is what I can tell you about my experience last year. My wife and I went to the very first practice. IT was the only weekend practice they had last year as far as I can remember.

There was a mob of people since it allowed more people to travel. Camp is free but parking was $5.

With like an hour before practice was over people were already lining up to get autographs on the endzone fence. I guess that is where they did them the year before so people were all over that fence.

That morning a lot of guys signed. Duece was out there for ever and Brees signed until they blew the horn. Reggie did not sign and I did not get one autograph because there were just to many people.

We decided not to go back that afternoon and her were told that Reggie signed that afternoon for a long time so I was mad.

Anyway I went back with my brother about 2 weeks later during the middle of the week. The crowd was no where near the same size that afternoon. They called practice early and Reggie signed that afternoon and I got his and duece's autograph. Brees was throwing passes with WRs after practice for extra work and from what I saw he did this a lot. I did not think he would be signing so I left and I heard later that he did sign after the crowd got smaller so again I was mad at myself.

I went back to the very last practice. They had sirius radio there adn they had the corporate sponsor tents up and they had their own private side of the practice field which I thought was crap but they pay the bills. I knew I was going to get screwed on autographs. Sure enough after practice all the offense went to the corporate tents. Reggie and Brees(he stayed out and threw again as well before he did all of this) were getting pictures taken with people. They both had to do interviews with sirius and all that too.

The good news is the Defense came to us and MM signed forever! HE really was a great guy. Grant signed for a while as well.

I was not about to leave until I saw Brees head to the locker room because I really wanted his autograph. Sure enough he got done with sirius and came to our side of the field to sign some more and i got his autograph.

Brees is just a great guy. He could have just walked in to the locker room after he was done with sirius. He had stayed after practice to throw with some WRs, then he had to go sign and take photos with all the coporate tents and their families. Then he had to do an interview and then he decided to come all the way to the other end of the field and sign for us little people. It really impressed me and showed me the kind of guy he was. No one else on the Offense did that.

I will take several balls with me again next year and get all I can get. I am thinking of getting a reggie and brees jersey as well and seeing if I can get them signed too.

Oh the best part of camp in my opinion was watching the big men go at it in the first practice. Man they were killing each other and i had a front row view! IT was awesome

T

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom