Saints Draft LB D’Marco Jackson (2 Viewers)

Daniel Jeremiah have him #93 in his prospect rank.

So, according to that, he should have been a third rounder.
He’s also an App State alum, so could be bias or could be additional info he got from connections. Let’s go with the latter.

We need offense. DA has gotten so many picks over the years. We almost drafted Jordan Davis and would have if it weren’t for the offensive staff pleading for a top flight wide receiver.

They knew they would target a Tackle and needed something for the fans to not complain about so many 1st round offensive linemen.

But now DA is in charge and he can’t see the holes we need on offense. Still need another receiver, TE, and a RB
Defense is our bread and butter, you have to keep that machine running. I do agree we need more talent on offense but we addressed the main issue with a WR and LT but I think more talent at G, WR and RB.

We need offense. DA has gotten so many picks over the years. We almost drafted Jordan Davis and would have if it weren’t for the offensive staff pleading for a top flight wide receiver.

They knew they would target a Tackle and needed something for the fans to not complain about so many 1st round offensive linemen.

But now DA is in charge and he can’t see the holes we need on offense. Still need another receiver, TE, and a RB
Thank the lord we didn't draft an overweight DT that can only play 15 snaps a game

A linebacker from the Sunbelt Conference? Nah. It’ll never work. ;)

I like this pick.

in stock market terms, this is purely value and not growth. Best pick for the slot so far. Not a DD type, but maybe a Sam Mills way down the road.

At this point of the draft im never dissapointed or happy with a pick. If they somehow make the team and are solid contributors thats a win. If not well that usually happens with bottom round picks anyway

in stock market terms, this is purely value and not growth. Best pick for the slot so far. Not a DD type, but maybe a Sam Mills way down the road.
Can you explain to me what a DD type is? It sounds like Jackson has a lot of similarities to Davis coming into the draft. Davis was 6’2 235 and ran 4.49 and Jackson is 6’1 233 at 4.55. Both guys were known for their sideline to sideline speed. And Davis was an OLB as well.

So his biggest knock is his size lol

Yeah, but a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program should add 15 lbs of muscle and put him about where you want him. Nothing you can do about the height, but 6'1" isn't terrible for a LB and we all know that some shorter LBs can really play. The biggest issue with height is usually coverage and this guy is apparently already good in coverage and had a good vertical.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom