Saints Draft LB D’Marco Jackson (1 Viewer)

So his biggest knock is his size lol
giphy.gif

Defense is our bread and butter, you have to keep that machine running. I do agree we need more talent on offense but we addressed the main issue with a WR and LT but I think more talent at G, WR and RB.
I most worried at RB right now! We NEED help there. At this point, I look for us to audition lotsa UDFAs and/or bring in a vet RB or 2.

At LEAST we addressed WR with Olave. But I think the key will b how well Jameis n MT develop some much needed chemistry! IF they can, then it’ll make our other WRs ( esp Olave) better!

At G, I would go into TC with Landon Young staying on the right side n let him backup/ compete at RT n RG*. On da left side, do da same with Trevor Penning at LT n LG. The main reason why is something I picked up n learned from O line Coach Dan Roushar. The hand n foot placement is different on one side vs the other. So get the duo as comfortable as possible by keeping em on one side. Makes sense huh! 😊

* I really wanna see Landon Young compete with Ruiz at RG! Young is a mauler! He’s bigger n more physical than Ruiz. He still needs work, but his time spent as a LT in college gives him an edge in technique n footwork in pass pro!

IF all goes well, we jus found our depth at G!

We’ll see!

No doubt. Physically he has everything but perfect height. He can learn to shed blockers better and/or improve his upper body strength. Any guy taken in the 5th will have some issues, but he seems like a good developmental prospect which is about all you are going to get in the 5th. Plus, most MLBs have trouble shedding blockers if a C, OG, or T get their hands on them.
Does anyone remember when we had 17 rounds. 5th rounders we’re premos. God I’m old lol

At this point of the draft im never dissapointed or happy with a pick. If they somehow make the team and are solid contributors thats a win. If not well that usually happens with bottom round picks anyway
Yeah but but we traded up using a 7th round. Horrible use of draft capital. Until we pick someone no one knows about

And it wasn't televised. Had to wait for it to come out in the newspapers to find out who you got.
I remember growing up in the 90s, when the NFL Draft wasnt that big of a deal. In march and april ESPN was all about baseball. Football would get a little bit of mention. Usually just draft time.

Jump forward to now in March and April now baseball is a footnote and football gets the great majority of coverage.

I remember growing up in the 90s, when the NFL Draft wasnt that big of a deal. In march and april ESPN was all about baseball. Football would get a little bit of mention. Usually just draft time.

Jump forward to now in March and April now baseball is a footnote and football gets the great majority of coverage.
I remember having to read about the game itself, in the Monday paper. Lol

Agreed. I dismiss the homers here as quickly as I do the other side of the spectrum. The haters. Haters and Homers lol.

It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it? The only thing that is clear is that none of us, other than a very select few that I am decidedly not part of, have any idea what we are talking about in regard to evaluating players. And that's true of almost everyone in the "draft expert" business too. And frankly, even the real experts working for NFL teams are lucky to get player evaluation right 50% of the time.

So, it really comes down to those who understand the limitations of their knowledge and those who don't. It also comes down to who is sober and who isn't, which is often a big factor in bravado of every kind.

Does anyone remember when we had 17 rounds. 5th rounders we’re premos. God I’m old lol

I actually do. :covri: But, IIRC, back then you had to wait until you got the Monday morning paper to read who we picked for like the last 10 or so rounds of the draft. At some point, WWL started covering the first day and it all started building up from there.

I actually heard Detillier say yesterday that 40% of NFL rosters are now made up of UDFAs. So, there is still a lot of talent out there even after the 7th round. Which is likely a direct effect of the draft only being 7 rounds now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom