Saints Draft LB D’Marco Jackson (2 Viewers)

It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it? The only thing that is clear is that none of us, other than a very select few that I am decidedly not part of, have any idea what we are talking about in regard to evaluating players. And that's true of almost everyone in the "draft expert" business too. And frankly, even the real experts working for NFL teams are lucky to get player evaluation right 50% of the time.

So, it really comes down to those who understand the limitations of their knowledge and those who don't. It also comes down to who is sober and who isn't, which is often a big factor in bravado of every kind.
lol I agree.

I actually heard Detillier say yesterday that 40% of NFL rosters are now made up of UDFAs. So, there is still a lot of talent out there even after the 7th round. Which is likely a direct effect of the draft only being 7 rounds now.
40% of rostered players being FAs is crazy. It means NFL has 40% of it talented on non- guaranteed contracts. NFLPA leadership has to be the worst of all the professional sports unions.

No doubt. Physically he has everything but perfect height. He can learn to shed blockers better and/or improve his upper body strength. Any guy taken in the 5th will have some issues, but he seems like a good developmental prospect which is about all you are going to get in the 5th. Plus, most MLBs have trouble shedding blockers if a C, OG, or T get their hands on them.
Good post. Sam Mills once said the true MVP of the dome patrol was NT Jim Wilkes. He'd take on the double teams
that allowed the Lb'ers to roam and make plays.

This is pretty much a copy/paste of any MLB prospect. O-Linemen are taller/stronger and outweigh the prospect by
100 pounds. If the O-lineman gets his hands on him he's pretty much erased from the play.

I've watched this game for over 50 years. The only MLB I remember who would throw O-linemen aside on the way to
the ball carrier was Dick Butkus. It's why he's considered to be one of the greatest of all time.

A lil fun stuff about DJ:

In high school, he ran for 3000 yds as a RB, n won a State Title in da discus!

Grew up on a family farm and enjoys riding horses, fishing, bull riding and calf wrestling!

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
Just what we need another grappler!!

Maybe I’m going blind but I think that’s the fastest 10 yard split time EVER for a linebacker…
Yep! 👍🏾

IMO, he’s kinda similar to Kwon Alexander. Kwon’s a lil stronger n a lil more athletic. But they’re bout da same size ( DJ is slightly bigger) n they both ran a 4.55 in da forty.

Hard to say where Coach Nielsen n Coach Richard will play him at LB. Hell, they might throw da whole LB playbook at him! 😂 For now, I see him at WIL behind Werner, n maybe see wat he can do at SAM.

But wit his speed n open field tackling, I look for Jackson to compete m potentially make his biggest impact on STs.

Wish him well!!!

What am I missing from all the negative reviews/.grades of our first round selections? We addressed immediate needs by drafting players that were top 5 at least at their position
They all think we “lost” both trades. From all I’ve seen none of em hate the picks…just what we gave up to get there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom