Saints Mentioned Among Five Teams That Are Expected to Select A QB in 2025 (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen, but it will be interesting if it does. Since I've been alive they have not selected a QB in the first round.
Enjoy!!

Nope, ain't happening. Just got a bargain basement QB to sit for a year.
Exactly.
The Saints will have a look at 3 QBs in Kubiak offense this summer, one of which Kubiak selected. IMO Carr should be fine he doesn't miss games. As long as one of Haener or Rattler shows any promise you just continue to build. You look to organically transition one of them in after Carr.
I just look at the QB types that made the system work for the 9ers:

JimmyG and Purdy.

Rattler and Haener both fit that type even with their differences. But Carr is the key to getting you one more year without having to target a top-5 level QB.

From trapasso’s “analysis”:

Did he completely forget Rattler? This is false:
No quarterback in the 2024 draft for the Saints, and they enter the season with Derek Carr fresh off one of his typical seasons. The stats check out. The film does not. He completed 68.4% of his throws and had 25 touchdowns to eight interceptions.

i don’t like next year’s QB class. A lot of teams don’t either because they were willing to reach for QBs in the first round of this year’s draft.

If Carr plays the entire season and shows signs that he is right for the new system, I see no reason to draft a QB in the first round next year. We need to keep adding to the offensive and defensive lines.

i don’t like next year’s QB class. A lot of teams don’t either because they were willing to reach for QBs in the first round of this year’s draft.

If Carr plays the entire season and shows signs that he is right for the new system, I see no reason to draft a QB in the first round next year. We need to keep adding to the offensive and defensive lines.
Plus you have two guys to develop. I’d rather see what we have in Rattler/Haener if Carr fizzles out this year or in 2025.

If neither show anything in the next two seasons then yeah pick one in 2026.

I don't either, but you never know when someone will take a huge leap forward the way Burrow and Jayden Daniels did. Neither of those guys was really on the radar above the mid-rounds until their Senior years. Even Penix, McCarty, and Nix weren't seen a sure first round guys until the end of the NCAA season or later. Only Maye and Williams were thought to be high first round picks at the start of the year.

I don't think the Saints force a QB pick but if the right guy is there at the right spot and they really like him, they might take one next year. That should be true every year until we find a franchise QB. They should be looking for that guy in the draft every year in any round. I like Rattler's potential, but he's no sure thing and Carr is what he is. So they have to keep looking for THE GUY. And if they take one and Rattler turns out to be one, then it's a good problem to have because you either have a great backup or you can trade one for high picks.

Plus you have two guys to develop. I’d rather see what we have in Rattler/Haener if Carr fizzles out this year or in 2025.

If neither show anything in the next two seasons then yeah pick one in 2026.
Yeah this article may be a year early. If Carr does regress, it would be really weird if the organization didn’t give one of the young guys a season as a starter to show what they have.

No reason to draft a QB next year unless either Carr or Rattler end up with serious injuries, or Rattler ends up being terrible, which I don't think is going to happen.

Rattler could end up being a shot for us to be one of those lucky teams that have a good QB on a rookie contract for at least a couple of years at some point.

I don't either, but you never know when someone will take a huge leap forward the way Burrow and Jayden Daniels did. Neither of those guys was really on the radar above the mid-rounds until their Senior years. Even Penix, McCarty, and Nix weren't seen a sure first round guys until the end of the NCAA season or later. Only Maye and Williams were thought to be high first round picks at the start of the year.
True. There are a few guys who can make a big leap, but if they do that, it only increases their price.

I hope we don’t pick in the top ten next year, but if we do, I hope we pick BPA and not do what the Falcons did and reach. Maybe if we are picking in the late first and someone like Ewers falls, it might be worth a shot, but I hope Carr balls out and we don’t have to worry about QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom