Saints Mentioned Among Five Teams That Are Expected to Select A QB in 2025 (1 Viewer)

Based on Rattler being just as talented as any other 2025 top tier prospect. He didn’t slide in the draft bc of his talent
You don’t make it to the 5th round as a QB without concerns. Too much black and gold blindness going on. A 5th rounder isn’t stopping you from selecting another QB

You don’t make it to the 5th round as a QB without concerns. Too much black and gold blindness going on. A 5th rounder isn’t stopping you from selecting another QB
I don’t think it’s black and gold blindness. The consensus from most of the media, not just local media, has been in favor of the pick.

Could Rattler wind up getting cut in a couple of years? Sure, but we didn’t even cut Haener who was taking PEDs, so I think Rattler will stick around for at least 2.

Unless things are an absolute train wreck for both Carr and whoever the back up is, it’s just hard to justify using a 1st rounder to pick a QB when you have 2 young developing guys on the roster already.

I’d LOVE to see us seriously consider a QB next season. Next year’s class is solid, albeit, not as talented on paper as 24’s. Carson Beck, Shedeur Sanders, Drew Aller, Quinn Ewers, & Jalen Milroe all have legit franchise QB potential. Someone’s gonna elevate next year, LIKE EVERY YEAR, & become the guy.

My fav QB last year who i think could blow up in 24 is AZ QB Noah Fifita. Dude is Bryce Young/Kyler Murray size, 5’11 200lbs, but is true playmaker in clutch situations & has one of the quickest releases in college football. Play by play constantly praised his high football IQ in games & the way he plays is tailor made of new look O. Super excited to see how he develops next season.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
When you say Saints mentioned as 1 of 5 teams, do you mean mentioned by yourself?

I don’t think it’s black and gold blindness. The consensus from most of the media, not just local media, has been in favor of the pick.

Could Rattler wind up getting cut in a couple of years? Sure, but we didn’t even cut Haener who was taking PEDs, so I think Rattler will stick around for at least 2.

Unless things are an absolute train wreck for both Carr and whoever the back up is, it’s just hard to justify using a 1st rounder to pick a QB when you have 2 young developing guys on the roster already.
Again, a 5th round pick doesn’t stop you from addressing that position in the draft. And again, 1st and 2nd round talent doesn’t normally slip to the 5th round. Especially at QB. QB’s get over drafted often. Heck Cousins was picked by the same team that picked RG3 in the 1st. QB’s go and go fast.

The saints are going to have a ton of holes next season. I don’t think the saints will be picking high enough to get one anyway like Beck or Sanders(Deion would never allow it anyway). The saints have never won less than 7 games save for the Katrina year this century.

They need an Edge rusher(assuming Young isn’t retained and cam retires and even then) and if Penning doesn’t work out a LT to pair with Fuaga.

Again, a 5th round pick doesn’t stop you from addressing that position in the draft.
No it doesnt stop you, but if i had to guess how we would wind up with a high draft pick in 2025, it would be because our offensive line still stinks or our defense takes a step back.

I understand what you’re saying about drafting QBs, i just wouldnt be in favor of it for at least another year.

Again, a 5th round pick doesn’t stop you from addressing that position in the draft. And again, 1st and 2nd round talent doesn’t normally slip to the 5th round. Especially at QB. QB’s get over drafted often. Heck Cousins was picked by the same team that picked RG3 in the 1st. QB’s go and go fast.

You’re looking at it entirely in the abstract. Sure, a 5th round pick doesn’t prevent the team from making another move at the position, but opinions about Rattler or Haener going into next season potentially could.

A lot of the punditry I’ve heard on Rattler is he was regarded as a 2nd or 3rd rd prospect who fell because the QB market narrowed considerably for him after the others went off the board in the 1st. That’s also because a lot of teams have their QB in place and his market became a team taking a flyer on him over addressing another need.

Obviously a lot of variables would come into play next season that could create an opening for the Saints to take a QB early; notably that they end up with a top 10 pick and there’s a QB on the board they covet. This would also likely mean a new coaching staff is in place (if this season is a disaster) and they want to build around their guy.

I don’t really expect that but it’s a scenario that could play out.

In many of life’s environments, some people who have a level of (what some people perceive) arrogance, can severely rub a lot of people the wrong way. It is well documented that Spencer’s personality was not well received, all the way until his exit at OU. Ive gone down a rabbit hole since we have drafted him. He has since tried to change that perception of him, once arriving at USCe. Since then, some has applauded his change, but unfortunately sometimes it seems like an insurmountable task to shake a perception that has been attached to him, for pretty much his entire football career, even when he was a young teen. I like to think that I for one, do not walk around with Black and Gold glasses on. I will kick it to people straight and call a spade a spade. I would have no problem with semi-dismissing Spencer as just another mid round pick, that has no business becoming an NFL starter. However, that dude has everything it takes to be a starter. He just has to show the world, starting with our team first, that he is a changed individual, and he can be the leader that he needs to be. I got faith in that dude and it’s not false hope. I’m willing to bet that if USCe had an excess of talent on their team, then he would’ve put up insane stats, that would’ve made teams take him higher in the draft. Unfortunately for the thing i mentioned earlier and the lack of talent he had around him in Columbia, it caused him to slide. For a guy who last year, lost 4 Olinmen before the season started, then lost 2 more in the first game, also lost Juice Wells, along with dang near no run game, Spencer did a great job. Plus he transferred to the most powerful conference in all of college football, to play in a pro style offense. Sure he could’ve ran to the likes of Oregon like SP’s guy did, but he had the chest to play with the big dogs. I respect him on that alone.

Last edited:
Don't like the QB class for next year. One of the weaker classes in a while. No absolute 1st rounders to speak of. This year was the OL, QB, WR draft. Next year looks to be full of Edge, WR and mostly Defense top picks.

I thought Shedeur Sanders was all hype because of his dad but after watching him in Colorado.... I was really impressed... to the point where if not for his dad coaching he would be a shoein for the top pick next year if he was in a top program and not slumming in Jacksonville St and Colorado with his dad.... however this could help him fall in the draft enough maybe to grab him.... right know he is my choice for are future at QB and would bring his dad along for the ride if it's needed

I like Rattler, but agree with you. I think drafting another qb is a good idea. Sooner or later we will strike gold.

In many of life’s environments, some people who have a level of (what some people perceive) arrogance, can severely rub a lot of people the wrong way. It is well documented that Spencer’s personality was not well received, all the way until his exit at OU. Ive gone done a rabbit hole since we have drafted him. He has since tried to change that perception of him, once arriving at USCe. Since then, some has applauded his change, but unfortunately sometimes it seems like an insurmountable task to shake a perception that has been attached to him, for pretty much his entire football career, even when he was a young teen. I like to think that I for one, do not walk around with Black and Gold glasses on. I will kick it to people straight and call a spade a spade. I would have no problem with semi-dismissing Spencer as just another mid round pick, that has no business becoming an NFL starter. However, that dude has everything it takes to be a starter. He just has to show the world, starting with our team first, that he is a changed individual, and he can be the leader that he needs to be. I got faith in that dude and it’s not false hope. I’m willing to bet that if USCe had an excess of talent on their team, then he would’ve put up insane stats, that would’ve made teams take him higher in the draft. Unfortunately for the thing i mentioned earlier and the lack of talent he had around him in Columbia, it caused him to slide. For a guy who last year, lost 4 Olinmen before the season started, then lost 2 more in the first game, also lost Juice Wells, along with dang near no run game, Spencer did a great job. Plus he transferred to the most powerful conference in all of college football, to play in a pro style offense. Sure he could’ve ran to the likes of Oregon like SP’s guy did, but he had the chest to play with the big dogs. I respect him on that alone.
To add on:

USCe had an O/Line that was one of the worst among all P5 teams(bottom 5 or 10 in nearly every statistical measure)

They had zero talent at O-Line or RB as they ran for *checks notes*…85 yards a game. A bad coach and offensive scheme were killer too with playing the likes of the SEC East and the likes of Clemson and TX A&M who are littered with NFL talent.

Brutal schedule and one decent playmaker(legette) and he still put up respectable numbers. It may seem like I’m making excuses for him but these are facts on the field with the stats to prove it.

Rattler has weaknesses in his game and may not work out but he had pretty much no help the past year or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom