Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (2 Viewers)

And really - since when has kneeling become a sign of disrespect? We kneel before God when we pray. Are we disrespecting the Almighty?

not sure how many faiths kneel, i know Catholics do, its part of the mass. not all prayer is done kneeling either but there is that association

for the Anthem we are told to stand , i think they also state to remove he adware, its been awhile since ive been somewhere when the Anthem is played in a situation like a NFL game etc

Drew lives in a bubble too much. I am shocked he has no one on his team telling him to read the room. Only problem is he probably does have a PR guy and his PR guy probably aligns with Drew's stances on things given Brees' history of keeping people around him that are the typical "I bleed red, white, and blue and follow the bible no matter what" prototype.

Drew is a thoughtful guy. I’m pretty sure he had put thought into the topic and has reasons that he believes like he does. I think it was simple as him having a lapse in situational awareness. It happens to the best of us.

• 1Like
Reactions: 327
I'm with MT on this. This is about police brutality and systematic racism that is undeniable in this country. Its time to defend those who are literally being killed over this. Lives are more important than a flag. As good as Drew has been for football and helping to uplift a city, his views on some of these issues are troubling.

Thomas is already hated by every other fanbase, I guess he's cool with being hated by his own now too.
If MT is hated by his own fanbase for being passionate about putting a stop to police brutality and challenging his colleagues when they speak poorly about this life or death issue, I'm sure he's fine with that. It's bigger than football. Just know that when you celebrate a MT first down catch or an AK touchdown, you should also care about how they (and they're friends/familes) are treated Monday thru Saturday.

Drew lives in a bubble too much. I am shocked he has no one on his team telling him to read the room. Only problem is he probably does have a PR guy and his PR guy probably aligns with Drew's stances on things given Brees' history of keeping people around him that are the typical "I bleed red, white, and blue and follow the bible no matter what" prototype.

It's such an Iraq War era, Toby Keith song attempt to understand something as complex as patriotism in a country whose very foundations were dependent on the labor of slaves, and whose institutions still fail to treat all equally.

I remember the Bush era well - "they hate our troops!" "lead from behind!" "cut and run!" and "a boot from the red white and blue!" Meanwhile, our boys were getting killed, maimed, and God knows what else. And for what? Now you'd be hard pressed to find an American politician, Trump included, that still endorses the Iraq debacle. This is no different. Public figures that tow Drew's line are on the wrong side of history.

Malcom Jenkins has been a great voice. I hope he has an opportunity to talk with Drew.

They both have the right to their opinion and neither of them has to be “right”. There are plenty of people I do not agree with that I learn to respect their opinions. Professionals find common ground. I’m sure they will do so.

I will say that I always appreciate someone who does not follow, but lead.

If MT is hated by his own fanbase for being passionate about putting a stop to police brutality and challenging his colleagues when they speak poorly about this life or death issue, I'm sure he's fine with that. It's bigger than football. Just know that when you celebrate a MT first down catch or an AK touchdown, you should also care about how they (and they're friends/familes) are treated Monday thru Saturday.
More that he's willing to call out his quarterback on social media over a disagreement on ways to effectively protest when they're in complete agreement over what you just said. Someone who isn't an idiot on Twitter like every other fanbase knows already would probably recommend reaching out to Brees directly for clarification before risking ruining their whole relationship.

It's such an Iraq War era, Toby Keith song attempt to understand something as complex as patriotism in a country whose very foundations were dependent on the labor of slaves, and whose institutions still fail to treat all equally.

I remember the Bush era well - "they hate our troops!" "lead from behind!" "cut and run!" and "a boot from the red white and blue!" Meanwhile, our boys were getting killed, maimed, and God knows what else. And for what? Now you'd be hard pressed to find an American politician, Trump included, that still endorses the Iraq debacle. This is no different. Public figures that tow Drew's line are on the wrong side of history.

Malcom Jenkins has been a great voice. I hope he has an opportunity to talk with Drew.
lol the Iraq war was a joke from the start. Bush really had people blinded

I’m going to be naked in church to protest. A time and place. It’s the flag. Don’t disrespect it. Got a problem with that?

Your protest would be illegal. You could burn a bible in protest instead. Asking someone not to "disrespect" something important to you shows the mental capacity of a child. Be an adult. Show that you're capable of more than concrete, me first thinking.

Selfishness and privilege are embodied in your post.

More that he's willing to call out his quarterback on social media over a disagreement on ways to effectively protest when they're in complete agreement over what you just said. Someone who isn't an idiot on Twitter like every other fanbase knows already would probably recommend reaching out to Brees directly for clarification before risking ruining their whole relationship.

If you've followed MT, he doesn't care what anyone thinks... prior to the recent weeks or now.

I am happy for players to express their opinions, to peacefully protest and to get their opinions out there BUT not during a game and especially not during the national anthem. There is a time and place for everything. What would the NFL do if a player during a game held up a sign stating "Abortion is murder?" I bet that player would be fined immediately and maybe even suspended for a game or two. Just don't protest for any reason during the game or before the game. It's a freaking job. Do it on your own time and I support that.
"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom