Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

If you've followed MT, he doesn't care what anyone thinks... prior to the recent weeks or now.
LOL doesn't care what anyone thinks, except everyone that doesn't think he's a god amongst children in the NFL. Then he seems to care quite a lot.

I am happy for players to express their opinions, to peacefully protest and to get their opinions out there BUT not during a game and especially not during the national anthem. There is a time and place for everything. What would the NFL do if a player during a game held up a sign stating "Abortion is murder?" I bet that player would be fined immediately and maybe even suspended for a game or two. Just don't protest for any reason during the game or before the game. It's a freaking job. Do it on your own time and I support that.
"
I feel the same way but I do understand how others might feel different too.

I think there needs more understanding on both sides. It’s important that they sit down and discuss things as men and not fight on Twitter like idiots.

I guess you thought what you did there was clever... but the reality is, the kneeling is about systemic racism. Narratives like "disrespecting the flag" and "all lives matter" are simple diversions to dismiss a message, which all evidence points to be true.

So damn stupid. What did protesting the national anthem accomplish, Michael?? Anything besides ticking off a bunch of people? What was the goal? Spread awareness of something literally everyone already knew about? It came off as kind of selfish to me by putting yourself ahead of the team. You could do that on your own time, not when you are all together trying to accomplish something. Why make it a distraction? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Is there such thing as professional athlete privilege? Cause I know I would get fired from my job if I protested something unrelated to my job while on the clock.

I guess you thought what you did there was clever... but the reality is, the kneeling is about systemic racism. Narratives like "disrespecting the flag" and "all lives matter" are simple diversions to dismiss a message, which all evidence points to be true.

it was clever

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom