Saints Players Retired Numbers (1 Viewer)

What saints numbers should be retired

• LB Sam Mills

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • RB Dalton Hilliard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S Tommy Myers

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • WR Danny Abramowicz

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • QB Bobby Hebert

• K Tom Dempsey

• LB Vaughan Johnson

• T Stan Brock

• LB Pat Swilling

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • DE Jim Wilks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • William Roaf, OT

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • WR Eric Martin

• G/T Jim Dombrowski

• Morten Andersen, K (if he ever retires)

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • The whole dome patrol defense

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What Saints deserve to have their name and number hanging for the ceiling of the dome? If you choose other please specify

we need to get some more of our greats up there. some one with the right connections could send this to the organization

don't retire any more numbers. hanging a banner is good enough for a player, and sadly it is good enough for us because we dont have championship banners to show instead.

how many players are going to pick a number that a true great has one before? do you think there has been (or will be) any Saints wanting to wear #8 after Archie played? How many Celtics want to wear #33? How many Yankees want to wear #3?

Somebody wore 57, which to me is very disrespectful.

No Saint should ever be allowed to wear that number ever again.

The only jerseys worth retiring at this point are 8 and 57. No Saints players have ever had that sort of impact before or since.

Ricky, Archie and Sam Mills should all have their numbers retired. Only players in Saints history to have achieved that icon, legend type status that goes with getting your number retired.

Maybe Morten if and when he finally retires.

Is this some kind of a joke?? I went to vote for Rickey Jackson, and he wasn't there?! Without 57's name on there, this list has no credibility. Sorry to come down on you so hard, but that's a pretty egregious mistake considering he's only the best player to ever wear a Saints uniform.....

Oponion on numbers

#31 for Jim Taylor and #81 for Doug Atkins are already supposed to be retired. #8 for Archie and #57 for Rickey should not be worn by current players and have already been honored. I asked Mickey Loomis about this subject a couple of years ago at a "Chalk Talk" before the Saints Black & Gold scrimmage and he said that the NFL does not want numbers retired because there are not enough in certain ranges. (Reggie not being able to wear #5) Maybe if the rules are changed a few more numbers coul actually be retired. He said that they should be able to keep #8 from being worn and would try to do that with #57 as well. As for the poll: My vote would be for other. #74 Derland Moore should be next followed by Sam #51 and then Willie #77.

Sam Mills my hero.

Willie Roaf was a hell of a player when we suffered the worst years with the late Mora and Ditka years. He deserves to be honored by the Saints.

Willie's Jersey should be retired. He will be in the HoF and he will go in as a Saint. And if I am not mistaken he will be the ONLY Saints player in the HoF as a Saint when it happens.

hey...saint el lay...you ever looked at the banners hanging in the dome? rickey jackson is already up there...

I don't like retiring of numbers at all.

If we start honoring every good player we had what does that say about us?

I think it's a nostalgia trick.

Just say "NO" to retirng numbers.

Carolina already retired Mills #. I'm not sure what that means for us, but it annoys the heck out of me. What's the protocol there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom