Saints reveal new black helmet (merged) (2 Viewers)

4T L4ST

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nice, But Matt Black would be Sick.
This was my first thought after 'Yes!'. Not so crazy about the stripe but, hey, after wanting to see black helmets for a long time, I'm psyched regardless.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Works well with that white uni. Not sure on the others.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Was watching some vid of Mark holding the new helmet. I can't front. It's starting to grow on me.

LaPlace DCL

Let's Get It On!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After giving some time, I like the helmet. The only critiques are the pattern angling towards the back. Honestly, the could have used the pattern as stripes to match the gold helmets. The biggest problem is the NFL rule itself. Why let teams have the opportunity if they can only use it sparingly? If there was no rule, we could do a lot more from game to game. Maybe this is the chance to bring the gold jerseys back.

Whodat GT

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Awesome they finally have the black helmet. Just not with color rush uni. All black or gold pants black jersey is the way to go.
I think it's the dumbest possible move to mess with the color rush uni. I would love to see the team play with a black helmet, black jersey and gold pants. Maybe they can think of a new colour rush uni, but I´m afraid they plan on using the helmet with the color rush they already have (since that was what Cam alluded to).

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's the dumbest possible move to mess with the color rush uni. I would love to see the team play with a black helmet, black jersey and gold pants. Maybe they can think of a new colour rush uni, but I´m afraid they plan on using the helmet with the color rush they already have (since that was what Cam alluded to).

Not sure why, but in the Photoshopped renditions posted in this thread ... the new black helmet looks a lot better with white jersey/black numbers than with the white Color Rush jersey (which has gold numbers.

1655745069875.png

1655745096831.png

The opposite probably applies, too -- if wearing black jerseys with the new black helmet, white numbers should look better than gold numbers.

Last edited:

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
Just wear them for inside games
Anyone who's worn a dark football helmet in the blazing sun knows what I'm talking about. They'd be fine for days between 30-55 degrees outside

Whodat GT

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but in the Photoshopped renditions posted in this thread ... the new black helmet looks a lot better with white jersey/black numbers than with the white Color Rush jersey (which has gold numbers.

1655745069875.png

1655745096831.png

The opposite probably applies, too -- if wearing black jerseys with the new black helmet, white numbers should look better than gold numbers.

It proves the point that they could have chosen to modifiy any other outfit color scheme and it might look decent, but they decided to mess with the wrong one. I´m sure they've heard the fanbase loves the colour rush uni. If it ain't broke...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom