Saints reveal new black helmet (merged) (3 Viewers)

Saint Floyd

Who Dat
Reaction score
On top of the new wave center "stripe", I'm noticing the fleur-de-lis looks really cheap. It's like a clip art logo copied and pasted onto a faux Photoshop.

Why not this one, but with a gold-white-gold center stripe and black face mask?

images

Reaction score
Not surprising at all that the opportunity for a completely sick black helmet is there for the taking, yet they completely botch it with THIS atrocity.

Like already stated, the "mohawk" stripe is a straight ripoff from the Seahawks 2012 helmet redesigns with a fleur-de-lis subbed in for the feathers on Seattle's helmets. Ditch that in favor of a white/gold/white stripe or gold/white/gold stripe and make that fleur-de-lis more metallic gold and we're done.

That helmet and the Color Rush uniforms never need to be paired again because it's borderline sacreligious to have anything but the traditional gold helmet with those perfect uniforms.

Saintster

Through Thick and Thin since 1986
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This looks pretty decent, though.

20220616_194334.jpg
This shot looks much better than the original pictures for me ...looks tougher just not with the color rush uniforms the gold helmet compliments that. Just don't make it permanent it would be a sin to get rid of the gold.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This shot looks much better than the original pictures for me ...looks tougher just not with the color rush uniforms the gold helmet compliments that. Just don't make it permanent it would be a sin to get rid of the gold.
Yeah I think it needs the black trim on the uniform along with the black pants. This looks good

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

When NFL fans outside of Saints Nation overall agree that it looks great, then you know it looks good. Fans usually look for a reason to hate on other teams

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like it at all. Now, we're trying to be like the falcons. Yuck. The Saints have Gold helmets.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Seriously!

What the Fork! is this black helmet on all white jerseys? Really don't understand why we wouldn't wear these with all the all black unis.
So I read on IG (don't know how true this is) but the NFL has a rule that you can only wear secondary helmets with secondary uniforms.

Meaning we'll only see our black helmets with our color rush, white-white, and white/black combo.

Now I don't know how true that is but I would also question wouldn't black/gold, white/gold be our traditional uniform combo's?? Unless over the years we've made black/black another primary uniform combo. We do wear that on the regular ever Payton came on 2006.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I like it. Hopefully we can use them with out black on black unis. Defense especially will love that. Got to play will smith's men in black song and then go out and slap some people around. "Keep my quarterbacks name out cha mouth!!!"

BigFrosty

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm torn. This needs to be with the all black set. Will have to see what it looks like in action.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: red

Gumbo's Dad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Awesome they finally have the black helmet. Just not with color rush uni. All black or gold pants black jersey is the way to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom