Saints reveal new black helmet (merged) (2 Viewers)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
It's nice

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I would like to see solid black pants with thick gold stripe down the outside of each leg. Solid black jersey’s with gold numbers outlined in white. Solid gold piping around the collar and gold rings around the sleeves at the opening of the sleeve.

tinman

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Ms B just called & said,"Get off MY lawn".
Take a chill pill. Some of you are acting like they took your personal helmet & crushed it w/your dreams! It's NOT replacing the awesome(obviously) gold, just for a couple of times this year. Be thankful, at least we aren't GB or Pit, w/their alternative stuff(insert puke emoji,lol).

I think they look good, all of it. I like the fleury(Medieval heraldic term) center treatment. I'd rather see that black helm weekly than anytime they wear the white longjohns(that have NOTHING to do w/the team colors of Black/Gold). That's a personal preference, but I certainly won't ruin my day over it.

I am making a new bass soon & already have the neck(mostly) as a Saints tribute. I was gonna finish the body like the '69 pre-Season helmet. I may have to rethink. Maybe try to reproduce the Fleur-des-lye field on the back, w/gold leaf, rather, than the stripe.

It's the 21st c, folks. Styles change, younger fans have different style sensibilities(we dinosaurs are starting to become extinct,lol).

Should we go back to no facemask or those crazy plexiglass ones? Maybe just leather?

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not a fan. We have an iconic gold helmet that has stood the test of time. No reason(even on a one off) to change it. When the NFL got rid of the one shell rule, I was excited because I was excited to see Tampa's Creamsicles, Philly's Kelly Green, New England's Patriot Pat, etc. which I hope we get. If so, I guess I take the good with the bad. I just hope the NFL doesn't wind up like college football where teams don't wear uniforms anymore, they wear a different costume every week.

Now get off my lawn while I yell at the clouds.
I thought I was the only one that unironically liked the Tampa creamsicle uniform.

JBofWDN

"Where is Cavaletti hiding my girls?"
Reaction score
I like it just because we finally get the black helmet back.

But honestly, the design is kind of weak. It looks cheap. The striping looks like a napkin from a dollar tree saints party supply kit. Some of the fan-made black helmets I've seen here look better.

It'll look good with the black on black but the gold helmets and rush unis should not be messed with. That combo is iconic at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom