Saints Training Camp Updates 8-11-18 (1 Viewer)

That is always a possability.

It's been a possibility - when you have as many rookies that contributed on a high level as we had the odds that one of them regresses in year 2 are high.

His regression could hurt the worst because that defense is built on his coverage ability.

The bar Lattimore set last season is damn near impossible to replicate. He allowed 0 TDs all year. That’s not likely to happen again, and when he does allow one this year, people are gonna freak out.

I won’t pretend to know anything but I will admit that I’ve silently been concerned about our defense heading into this season and Lattimore in particular. I’ve seen several clips of practice and interviews so my concern was how hard he (they) prepared in the off season? We know that Thomas did and we see the results. I’m just fearing overconfidence and lack of preparation? I pray my concerns are unwarranted but a hungry man is a good thing.

With what I just posted I’ll add, that I expect Williams to show out at safety this season

With the talent Lattimore has coupled with his work ethic, it's highly doubtful he'll have any regression. We've rarely witnessed such fluid hips & recovery speed such as his. He's probably just saving his best for when it counts. I wouldnt overwork myself in preseason just to appease impatient fans either

With the talent Lattimore has coupled with his work ethic, it's highly doubtful he'll have any regression. We've rarely witnessed such fluid hips & recovery speed such as his. He's probably just saving his best for when it counts. I wouldnt overwork myself in preseason just to appease impatient fans either
So you are saying because of lattimore's work ethic he isn't working hard because it's preseason?

I swear some of you dudes just be talking we've just played one preseason game..... One bruh one relax stop overthinking

Save your thumbs brotha lol. It’s like this every single year. Half the people are freakin out over everything and the other half is telling them to quit freakin out

As the old saying goes, it's a marathon, not a sprint. But preseason ain't part of the marathon. His work ethic will manifest itself when it's most needed
I disagree, it's all part of the marathon. Ask Brees how much offseason prep, OTA's and practice contribute to the real thing. Michael Thomas is out there trying to get better every single play. I'd like to think Lattimore is as well.

My concerns are very small at this point with Lattimore but he is getting beat like we haven't seen before so it's natural to start wondering what we will see when the season starts. I almost expect some regression by default, dude just had the best rookie season by a CB in NFL history. Just hoping it isn't anything more than that and doubt it will.

I disagree, it's all part of the marathon. Ask Brees how much offseason prep, OTA's and practice contribute to the real thing. Michael Thomas is out there trying to get better every single play. I'd like to think Lattimore is as well.

My concerns are very small at this point with Lattimore but he is getting beat like we haven't seen before so it's natural to start wondering what we will see when the season starts. I almost expect some regression by default, dude just had the best rookie season by a CB in NFL history. Just hoping it isn't anything more than that and doubt it will.

It's funny that u mention Brees since he sparingly gets reps in preseason @ this point of his career

But maybe it is a reps thing with Lattimore. Or maybe he has an Allen Iverson sorta attitude when it comes to preseason. Either way, my concerns are small aswell. I'll worry if he's getting beat against the sucs in a few wks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom