Saints will get smoked this weekend by Dobbs (1 Viewer)

Eh, Saints defense adjusted at halftime.
Yep, they did

The “good news” is that it seems they HAVE been able to make halftime adjustments all season. The “bad news” is that it seems they consistently been gettin gashed by these long. time consuming TD drives in da FIRST half all season!!!

It’s been UNACCEPTABLE!!! They KNOW it, n DA KNOWS it!!! He might b da HC, but DEFENSE is still HIS baby! He built it into bein one of the leagues best, most consistent groups for some 6 years now! IMO this IS a good group. They’re both talented n experienced. But right now, they are not playing up to HIS standards/expectations OR their own! Fortunately, it ain’t too late, but da time to for them to step it up a notch is NOW!!!

no excuses
Don't think it's gonna take them that long this time around.
Agreed.

A victory at MINNY would give us a 6-4 record, have us alone in 1st place in our division, n would give us our first 3 game win streak of the season! So like MT said “Let’s stay on this road of WINNING!”

But in his locker room speech after Bears game, DA openly called out n challenged his D to start out n play better against the Vikes!

“…Because we’ve proven over n over n over again that when we’re doin it RIGHT n we’re doin what we’re capable of doin, we’re pretty damned GOOD!”

I want to see the play of this D pick right up from where it left off in da 4th quarter against da Bears!!!

no excuses

He ran all over the Saints in the 1st half. His running was completely shut down in the 2nd, when he had 10 yards running, was sacked for a loss of 8, and had 3 turnovers. The Bears only scored 3 points in the 2nd half.
I think Dobbs is a little better than Bagent throwing and running. Then last night Bagent couldn't do anything on the Panthers.

I was watching the film of Dobbs against atlanta this morning. What gets lost in the Dobbs Mania is that he made several mistakes but the falcons couldn't make them pay for them. They let the Vikings hang around and then Dobbs got into the zone late.

Obviously the Vikings kept it simple with Dobbs rolling out of bed and being the starter later that day. They kept it really simple. Got Dobbs rolling out and relying on backs and TEs. High percentage short passes. Dobbs made some unbelievable plays with his legs and I'm not trying to take anything away from him but the falcons' tackling was amateur hour.

I feel good about our back 7 in this one as far as the matchups go. The D line is going to have their work cut out for them though. The DEs have to play with discipline on the edge and the pressure needs to come from the middle. Bresee needs to eat.

If we capitalize on most of our defensive stops and turnovers in this game with actual points, we win. If we don’t, we won’t. That simple.

That being said, I still have very little faith in our offense and our ability to score in the red zone

I think Dobbs is a little better than Bagent throwing and running. Then last night Bagent couldn't do anything on the Panthers.
I never said that Dobbs wasn’t as good.

I was responding to someone who said that Bagent “ran all over us”.

I clarified that he had some good runs in the 1st half but only 2 net yards rushing in the 2nd with several turnovers.

Not sure how many of you look at the O'Line committee. They showed how Dobbs killed the failcons running and being mobile. We made Bagent look like Steve Young. If DA is able to stop him I will be surprised.
Dobbs ain’t “smoking” no one. Hes not Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen.

Didn't read beyond the first page, but the thread title makes me think this is one of those idiotic reverse jinx threads.

I never said that Dobbs wasn’t as good.

I was responding to someone who said that Bagent “ran all over us”.

I clarified that he had some good runs in the 1st half but only 2 net yards rushing in the 2nd with several turnovers.
Right, I get that. Wasn't putting words in your mouth. Was just justify what I said in my original post about Dobbs probably escaping the pocket much more against the Saints and making more plays on this D

.. Dobbs is going to wish he was still in AZ.. ATL's D is NOT Saints-D.. DD, Taylor & Bresee are gonna feast!

NW.

Wow! After I posted this went offline for awhile. Did not expect the reactions. I will gladly eat much crow if the Saints win. Been a Saints fan since 67 and listened to too many games on the radio because of the blackouts. Hoping for a win today

I think it's your thread title that spurred the strong reactions. I don't think your original post was that negative. Definitely seen a lot worse

I think scoring in the red zone is the hurdle the offense needs to clear, if we are going on this 3 game win streak. There has been progress in that regard. This is a good test of the changes made. I'm hopeful we will meet that challenge.

We allow a ton of QB rushing before contact and just rush yards to them in general (last in both)...
I still think DA will adjust the scheme for Dobbs.
One thing with Dobbs, he is turnover prone. Leads the league in fumbles/fumbles lost. I can accept some yardage given up as long as we stay aggressive in going for the TOs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom