Schefter: Falcons and Broncos liked Rattler most before picking QBs early. Teams expected him to go mid-2nd-early 3rd (1 Viewer)

For instance, he bailed this pocket and had nowhere to go. Until you realize on a delayed blitz (green dog, guy saw back stay in so blitz) he had 8 blockers including him behind the LOS. 9 players, meaning he only had two routes being run, vs 4 defenders in coverage. Florida only had 7 attacking LOS and 2 came late.

You tell me where is the QB supposed to go w/ the ball?

Then you realize this happens to him ALOT because the scheme was terrible.
8110FEA6-C58F-4EA5-91CE-891AC3D5D4FF.jpeg

I honestly like the pick a lot as each day passes. I’ve been wanting the Saints to use either a first or second round pick on a QB and Rattler qualifies as the close to that type of value IMO. Does it mean it’ll work out? Of course not, but it gives me hope that we have potential in the building.

Every time I watch Rattler highlights I come away more impressed with Xavier Legette. He is clearly best player on the field and muscles smaller DBs while also out running them.
I’ve seen a ton of highlights of him making throws while getting clobbered!

I’ve seen a ton of highlights of him making throws while getting clobbered!
He got hit a lot, but in some way I’d say he made Legette look better because he’d give him opportunities to showcase his 50/50 and contested catch ability

What you don’t notice, and it got exposed vs Missouri is that a lot of those guys weren’t getting desperation vs man.

Missouri sent 5 or more nearly every play and dared his receivers to beat their man. Now I’m not sure if Lagette was hurt or not that game but he was very quiet if he was playing.

Most of his receivers could not get separation and yet he can put throws in tight windows vs 1 on 1 coverage

QBs like Jake Haener are often described as "limited upside," while QBs like Spencer Rattler are usually called "high ceiling." Yet Brock Purdy and Tom Brady were far more like Haener as prospects than Rattler. But when is the last time a big-armed flier QB like Rattler actually turned out?
Josh Allen

Purdy maybe, but Brady and Haner share few similarities. Brady was really talented, it's just that it was hard to project because of the system he played at Michigan.

And while Purdy has played well, he never really elevates that offense. He's a good player, but I think the scheme along with the skills and talent of those around him make him look really good. He does some good things, but he's a guy that needs great talent around him, a strong running game, and a good defense to win. That's no knock against him. He does the job and gets the ball to his playmakers. He's a good player and there are probably only 4 or 5 of those difference makers in the NFL right now Mahommes, Lamar, Allen, and maybe Burrow and Stroud.

In addition, you are cherry picking two guys when the vast majority of NFL QBs have more talent.
You must not have watched much of JH @ Fresno St. All he did was elevate the team. He really was the reason they had success. And he had very little talent around him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom