Screenshot of Lattimore Liking a BR Post that the Texas Will Trade for Him (1 Viewer)

A strong alpha coach would sit down with Marshon and convince him to stay. The Saints don't have that. Our organization seems more concerned about protecting weak willed people than winning.
Payton couldn’t convince Jimmy Graham to stay back in 2015. Trades or big name departures are rarely a reflection of the HC’s lack of respect. Player availability and salary cap are big factors especially in Lattimore’s case.

A strong alpha coach would sit down with Marshon and convince him to stay. The Saints don't have that. Our organization seems more concerned about protecting weak willed people than winning.
Every “strong alpha” coach (what a truly bonkers concept) in NFL history has failed to maintain a smooth relationship with a talented player in his purview. None of these guys gets it right every time, but if using a flawed and long-ago disproven study to bag on the coach you don’t like makes you feel better, do you…

Availability appears to be an issue with him.

I'm undecided on whether or not they should trade him.
The good news is that we already have his replacement in-house.

I loved the earlier post about trading him to the Texans for a starting O-lineman.

I don't see us trading him to a team that is going to have the potential of reaching the Superbowl for the next couple of years.
The Texans would have to blow our FO away with a deal to make this happen...

He probably be sent to a team that we don't have to worry about in the future.

This is silly. We are arguing about a player liking a post that he later deleted. I mean, if somebody posts something positive about me, I’m going to like it. I’m ok if Latt stays or goes (for the right price) but there is way too much analysis of players’ clicks. Let it be.

And Latt has been a great Saint regardless of how the next chapter reads.
crazy he liked tweet and people have pretty much decided it's already a done trade..
sometimes the off season can be way too long..

Payton couldn’t convince Jimmy Graham to stay back in 2015. Trades or big name departures are rarely a reflection of the HC’s lack of respect. Player availability and salary cap are big factors especially in Lattimore’s case.

IMO they traded JG because he didn't show up in most of the big games, was demanding unrealistic contract terms and many believe (and my son called it at the time) the fumble near the goal line against Atlanta with the playoffs still in the balance was the final straw......I really don't think CSP tried to convince him to stay unless there is some evidence I'm unaware of.....

The rest of your post I mostly don't disagree with....

I'll take Laremy Tunsil for him straight up right now.... Only a year older - Averages like 14 starts a season- 4 time Pro Bowler - and shores up the left side - has a very similar cap number to ML without the 2 extra voided years...

I love ML... But he's getting older (and older CBs fall off a cliff abruptly)... He's often injured... and his younger / cheaper replacement is on the roster already....

Shore up the left side and get this done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom